| TODO List
|| Gob Engine TODO
| Technical Contact(s)
|| Gob Engine Team
Bugs, glitches and ToDos
- Bargon Attack: Graphical glitch when loading a save made on the Bargon bridge after transforming self (the original actor appears as well).
- Fascination: Some versions have incorrect timing in several places as they used loading time. Fixing the scripts is required in those cases (before entering the lab was the most visible example) - Now fixed in Amiga and Atari versions
- Fascination: The game sometimes hangs in the parking lot when the card is used directly, without the code. - This also occurs in the original exe
- Gobliins 2: Leaving Vivalzart's screen and returning after putting the mushroom into the machine yields another mushroom in the inventory. Letting Winkle use that one with the machine locks him up.
- Gobliins 2: In music land, trying to switch the screen should be prohibited by the scripts, but isn't. A workaround keeps ScummVM from crashing and shows a dialog box instead. [Bug #1705338]
- Gobliins 2: In the bubble screen, the game lets you try to release the prince before acquiring the safety pin, leaving you in an unfinishable state. [Bug #1786556]
- Goblins 3: 'A Bell' button hotspot disappears. [Bug #2016550]
- Goblins 3: Chessboard scene reloads after the rat is first used. [Bug #2138762]
- Goblins 3: Unable to enter the Battlefield. [Bug #2392671]
- Goblins 3: Unable to progress through queen's throne room. [Bug #2355116]
- LOST IN TIME: sprite gets corrupted during a dialogue. [Bug #2033907]
- Woodruff: Infinite hypnotic CDs. [Bug #1975099]
- Woodruff: Access to the Laboratory. [Bug #1975177]
- Woodruff: Wrong code for safe in temple. [Bug #1996714]
- Woodruff: Bluxtre nut not drawn after leaving it on the ground. [Bug #1971739]
- Mouse cursor sometimes shown when it shouldn't and vice versa. (Introduced when I changed cursor handling to the CursorManager; my solution isn't all that great, apparently.)
- The number of used jokers isn't saved correctly: you'll always have 5 to spend again after loading. This is a result of using individual files for each save slot and letting the user exit with CTRL-Q (the number of jokers is saved globally for the whole game and only when exiting using the menu).
- A few graphical glitches remain:
- GOB3: double sprite glitch in the queen level [Bug #1793356]
- WOODRUFF: Palette glitch [Bug #1994369] (Also happens in the original)
- LOST IN TIME: sprite gets corrupted during a dialogue [Bug #2033907]
- LOST IN TIME: palette issue with sprites [Bug #2033882]
- WOODRUFF: Graphic glitches [Bug #2037184] (2 of 3 also happens in the original)
- WOODRUFF: GFX Glitches [Bug #2828858] (Also happens in the original)
- Ween: Wrong speaker sound when putting away items on some machines.
- Fascination: The duration of short sounds is sometimes incorrect. The most obvious problem is the sound of the keys of the phone: the sound is not played for each key (first room). This may be similar to the Ween sound issue.
- Add support for other rendering modes (EGA/CGA/Hercules) lega.gdr, l360.gdr, lcga.gdr.
- Gobliiins Mac: musmac1.adl isn't played correctly at all.
- Add support to the RAC file, which is used by the protection of the CD version. (not really required, the game works with extracted STKs)
- The (hard-coded) space shooter isn't yet implemented.
- A few graphic glitches remain.
Little Red Riding Hood
- Handle direction keys, so that the arcade part is playable
- Creation tool is not working properly.
- Clicking on a word should spell it, not the first word of the sentence
The Last Dynasty
- Space shooter is hard-coded there, too.
- The game currently loops strangely, thanks to the faked shooter return code.
- When mousing over the register in the hotel action sequence, the inventory pops up.
- Corrupt encoded frames in videos are skipped or masked by original interpreter. Need to do the same.
- Most of these are now detected and corrected masked, but three cases still remain as of 2011-04-26:
- < 1sec white glitch in video triggered when Max approaches Door in Basement ("mxport2").
- ~1sec white glitch in video as Adda escapes from warehouse.
- Large red/orange glitch in Inspector Van Dell video shown after Max complete Pool Hall entry ("sn6").
- Crash while loading the "Game over" screen for the Rummy game: [Bug #1974745]