| TODO List
|| Mohawk Engine TODO
| Technical Contact(s)
|| Mohawk Engine Team
Main Mohawk TODO
- Some Cinepak frames have corruption.
- The Myst linking book video on D'ni has a corrupted Cinepak frame (data-wise). Right now, we just skip that frame (and throw a warning). It looks like QuickTime does this too.
- The CD (but not the DVD) version of Riven has at least two videos with a corrupt frame: the wood chipper (when power is directed elsewhere) and using the trap book before talking with Gehn (when not on Tay).
- Myst's fortress rotation holo-simulator requires playing QT movies with edit lists backwards. For now this is hacked around in the Mechanical code so that the puzzle works properly.
The game is completable to all four endings.
- Myst ME 10th Anniversary Edition requires Sorenson Video 3 for the UbiSoft logo
- Since SVQ3 is quite large (and based on h.264), we may suggest the user just take the video from the Macintosh portion of the disc, which is QTRLE
- The help system is missing in Myst ME
The game first became completable with bb5db4a. As of 245b733, the game is completable with no prior knowledge.
- Cleanup hotspot debugging mode. The water effect and videos write over it.
Living Books TODO
- Take another look at how rewinding is meant to work.
- Implement fading between palettes.
- Add fading between pages - do full preloading (including sound) and use the relevant cursors.
- Implement the hardcoded mini-games in Green Eggs and Ham and Arthur's Reading Race.
- Implement the rest of the scripting used in the later LB games, including variable saving/loading.
- Handle the proxies and compiled scripts used in v4 (The Rugrats Adventure Game, Arthur's Computer Adventure). fuzzie has preliminary code for this.
- Implement the intro/transition videos (HQ/time tunnel).
- Draw the text on Carmen's notes.
- Fix feature priorities.
- Implement music, environmental sounds, the rest of the animation code.
- Implement the Chronopedia.
- Render the torch mask for case 1.
- Support the other sound sync cues.
- Implement cases 3-20.
- A host of other things, no doubt.
Other Games TODO
- They (mostly) all use QuickTime video.
- The re-release of Zoombinis uses Bink Video!
- Some Kid Pix games use Smacker (in tSMK resources)
- Some educational games (e.g. Treehouse, Zoombini) use some TrueType fonts.