The Mortevielle engine was used by Lankhor in Mortville Manor, which was a best seller in several countries in 1987-1989 (depending on the platform).
The game is completely hardcoded and is using a complex speech generation based on phoneme analysis.
The team is working on this engine based on sources provided by the DOS porter and DotEmu. They are a mix of Pascal and ASM.
- French and German DOS version completable
- Complete English (homemade), French and German translations in DAT file (including menus)
- No speech support (because they are terrible)
- Amiga/Atari versions not (yet) supported
- Other platforms seem to use a completely different engine, no support planned.