Some engines (Wintermute, Broken Sword 2.5) would greatly benefit from having the option of hardware acceleration for their graphics code, for fast alpha (transparency) blitting, rotation, scaling, etc.
- Plan, discuss and develop a design for a generic API for hardware acceleration.
- Implement the API for several backends (for example the desktop OpenGL backend, and OpenGL ES backends such as iOS and Android), updating/refactoring the backend code as necessary to keep the code stable and maintainable.
- Update the Broken Sword 2.5 engine code to use the new API.
- Update the Wintermute engine code to use the new API.
- Good C++ skills.
- Good knowledge of ScummVM coding conventions and portability guidelines (could be learned in less than a week)
Helpful to Have:
- Some basic knowledge of OpenGL and OpenGL ES.
- Access to several different supported platforms for testing.