| The Manhole
|Also known as
|| The Manhole: New and Enhanced
|| Cyan Worlds
|| Activision, Brøderbund,|
|| DOS, FM-Towns, Macintosh,|
|| 320x200, 256 colors
|| MADE, HyperCard
|| Since ScummVM 1.0.0rc1|
(MADE versions only)
| No. The unsupported Masterpiece|
edition is available at GOG.com
The Manhole is a children's game created by Cyan (now Cyan Worlds). The player opens up a manhole, which reveals a giant beanstalk that can be traversed to visit strange worlds.
There were several versions of the game released, each one developed with a different game engine:
- The original Macintosh version (released in 1988), with HyperCard as its engine.
- The original DOS EGA version (released in 1989), with an earlier version of the MADE engine.
- The PC-Engine version (released in 1991), with a custom engine.
- The "New and Enhanced" version (released in 1992), with a newer version of the MADE engine.
- The CD-ROM "Masterpiece Edition" (released in 1994), which used a HyperCard-like engine. This version includes QuickTime videos as well.