|| Kari Salminen
|Team Member since
|| 2007-04-12 (Retired)
|| AGI and Cine engines (Retired)
I officially retired from ScummVM development on 5th of September, 2018.
This page is here only for archival purposes.
Google Summer of Code 2008
I was working on the Cine engine to add support for Operation Stealth.
Operation Stealth isn't officially supported as of 2018-09-05 but according to digitall it is completable with graphical glitches (See forum thread and Cine-engine's TODO).
Google Summer of Code 2007
During summer of 2007 I participated in the Google Summer of Code and worked on
ScummVM's AGI engine.
Final development ideas for AGI
- Map Apple IIGS AGI games' MIDI instruments to General Midi and/or Roland MT-32
- Add option for always adding Slow/Normal/Fast/Fastest to AGI games' menus
- This isn't present e.g. in Apple IIGS version of Black Cauldron
- Do the scripts only add speed controls if vComputer isn't AppleIIGS?
- Do some funky stuff to convert AGI games to support different aspects ratios besides 320:200 (e.g. 16:9 or 21:9)
- Using a form of content-aware scaling and possibly somehow correcting horizontal values in scripts from 0-159 to 0-X where X <= 255
- If Apple IIGS AGI games all work correctly in ScummVM then perhaps GOG could legally sell and support them using ScummVM?
- This way more people could be made aware of the most aurally advanced (Including MIDI and samples) AGI game versions i.e. the Apple IIGS versions