We plan to implement a new GUI look & feel in ScummVM, roughly based on the
new look of our web site. Some concept drafts of the new look can be found here:
You can also read the documentation on the GUI Themes.
- List widget
- get mock-up from Krest
- Glitches when entering very long strings. The cursor overlaps the scrollbar. Possibly the scroll bar width should be automatically added to the right-side paddings, but I don't have the time to experiment with it right now.
- PopUp widget (aka drop-down list)
- Tab widget
- tab widget is drawn completely wrong now
- though it would be nice to leave current drawing style and select them via widget property
- Checkbox widget
- smaller version of widget for 320xY resolution
- About dialog
- looks bad. Probably add some shadows and text padding
- fix glitch at the top of the dialog where part of the characters get stuck (see FIXME in about.cpp)
- [Classic theme] Text seems to be drawn over the dialog frame. At least at the top of the dialog.
- The grey text (color 2, kStateDisabled) is hard to read in both the new and the classic theme.
- Options dialog
- Maybe a "Theme path" setting?
- Maybe a "MIDI gain" setting? (Used by FluidSynth.)
- Current order of tabs is: Graphics, Audio, MIDI, Paths
- Split Audio tab to Audio and Volume as in Edit game dialog
- Make position of paths tab consistent with Edit game dialog
- Edit game dialog
- Current order of tabs is: Game, Paths, Gfx, Audio, Volume, MIDI
- Rename Gfx tab to Graphics to be consistent with Options dialog
- Make position of paths tab consistent with Ptions dialog
- The sliding action of the debug console takes a lot more CPU now than it used to. On my 450 MHz P3, I don't even see it slide in 2x mode. It seems to appear/disappear all at once.
- The text "Norwegian BokmÃ¥l" isn't rendered correctly since our fonts do not have the letter "Ã…".
- If we decide to use Latin-1 fonts instead, we should also update the About dialog to use accented characters where appropriate.