|| Jordi Vilalta
|Team Member since
|| jvprat (AT) gmail.com
I've been a ScummVM user for some years and now I want to give something back to this great project. Here's a list of the things I'd like to do (when I have the time and if I'm able to do them).
- I'm interested in automating things (configure, Makefiles, releases/snapshots, ...)
- I'm also interested in generalizing stuff (small devices backends, engine/game dependent options, ...)
- Ability to select which soundtrack to use (Adlib, GM, ...)
- Select the output devices (not drivers) that support that soundtrack (more intuitive for the end user)
- Support for translating the GUI
- Support loading language packages
- Add support to render non-ascii characters (FreeType?)
- Enhance themes
- Add theme inheritance (make function-like sections with parameters)
- Position the widgets with a proportional approach
- Manual process (modern done, classic pending)
- Add some kind of automatic layout? (grid/table)
You can find my progress in my Darcs repository: http://darcs.jvprat.com
- I'm trying to integrate FreeSCI as a ScummVM engine.
- DGDS (Dynamix Game Development System)
- This is the engine created by Dynamix and used in Willy Beamish, Heart of China and Rise of the Dragon.
- I have the skeleton of the engine, the resource manager and it can show fonts.
- I'm looking the xBaK project, since it's reversing another game from the same company and it seems to share some concepts.
- This is the engine created by Tsunami Media (old Sierra employees) and used by Blue Force, Ringworld, Ringworld 2, Protostar, etc.
- I've just begun REing it, but I'm so new to this and I'm going so slow. It's stuck at the moment, I'm concentrating on the 2 engines above.