Compiling ScummVM with GCC under BeOS
For Haiku there is already a version available in the HaikuDepot, latest versions can be build with haikuporter out of the box, a recipe for version 1.8.1 is at this moment in waiting line to get approved into the haikuports repo at github. For instructions how to install haikuporter/haikuports look at Haikuports, Haiku comes with a recent gcc5 version that is able to build ScummVM out of the box.
Getting the source
- Open a Terminal and type:
git clone git://github.com/scummvm/scummvm.git
Mandatory (these should also install dependencies)
- flac (Free Lossless Audio Codec, needed if you want to play compressed games without quality loss)
- libmad (MPEG Audio Decoder, needed if you want to play MP3-compressed games)
- libOGG and libVorbis (OGG Vorbis decoder, needed if you want to play OGG-Vorbis-compressed games)
- libMPEG2 (.mpg video decoder, needed for the re-encoded cutscenes in Broken Sword 1/2)
- nasm (The Netwide Assembler, used for HQx scalers)
Open Terminal and run configure with these options:
LDFLAGS=-L<path to where you have the libs/headers installed> ./configure --prefix=<path to where you want to install> --with-nasm-prefix=<path to nasm>
Run make install to install ScummVM (you can then run it using "scummvm" from any directory), if you are using a different directory scummvm will probably revert to the classic view due to not finding the gui theme in the subfolder but will nevertheless work ok.