Sins of the Fathers
|Also known as||GK1|
|Platforms||MS-DOS, Windows, Macintosh|
|Resolution||320x200 or 640x480, 256 colors|
|Support||Since ScummVM 2.0.0|
Gabriel Knight was the first game in the Gabriel Knight series. The game is set in New Orleans and follows a man named Gabriel Knight who becomes involved in a police investigation of a series of murders that seem to have a connection to Louisiana voodoo. The murders lead to Gabriel finding out the secret of his family history, and the link to the horrible nightmares he has been suffering since childhood. Now Gabriel has to embrace his heritage in order to stop the murders, and his nightmares from happening again.
Required data files
For more information on how ScummVM uses game data files, see the user documentation.
WARNING: Unlike other games, SCI games have significant variation in the naming of required files.
They also can load supplementary files by resource maps, so it is recommended to keep all files in the game data directory from the CD.
Unless otherwise specified, do NOT remove any file from the directory, even if it does not appear on the following list, since this will likely cause weird bugs.
Copy all files to the game directory. Some games need additional work:
Floppy games with RESOURCE.p01, p02, etc. and/or RESOURCE.a01, a02, etc. files
- Concatenate all RESOURCE.p0* files to RESOURCE.000 (e.g.
copy /b RESOURCE.p0* RESOURCE.000on Windows, or
cat RESOURCE.p0* > RESOURCE.000on *nix).
- Concatenate all RESOURCE.a0* files to RESOURCE.AUD (e.g.
copy /b RESOURCE.a0* RESOURCE.AUDon Windows, or
cat RESOURCE.a0* > RESOURCE.AUDon *nix).
Games with multiple CDs
- Directories that exist on multiple discs (e.g. ROBOT and VMD directories) must be merged together, not replaced.
- Rename the RESOURCE.SFX from each CD to RESSFX.00<cdnumber>, and the RESOURCE.AUD from each CD to RESAUD.00<cdnumber>, to match the corresponding RESSCI.00<cdnumber> file that exists on each CD.
- It should be safe to replace any other files from later CDs that were copied already from earlier CDs.
Each Data* file uses a Macintosh resource fork which must be preserved. For more information see the user documentation.
Simultaneous speech and subtitles
In ScummVM, it is possible to enjoy a combined mode, where both speech and text are shown at the same time.
Speech and text can be toggled via the "Text" and "Voice" buttons in the game's settings dialog, or via ScummVM's audio options.