Leisure Suit Larry 6
|Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up|
or Slip Out!
|Also known as||Leisure Suit Larry 6|
LSL 6, Larry 6
|Resolution||320x200 or 640x480, 256 colors|
|Support||Since ScummVM 1.2.0 (320x200)|
Since ScummVM 2.0.0 (640x480)
Leisure Suit Larry 6: Shape Up or Slip Out! was the fifth game in the Leisure Suit Larry series. The game finds Larry alone again, with no explanation as to Patti's disappearance. He competes on the game show "Stallions"... and loses, but gets a runner-up prize of a trip to "La Costa Lotta" health spa. As with previous games, the aim is to seduce various women at the spa in various ways so Larry can meet the girl of his dreams.
Required data files
For more information on how ScummVM uses game data files, see the user documentation.
WARNING: Unlike other games, SCI games have significant variation in the naming of required files.
They also can load supplementary files by resource maps, so it is recommended to keep all files in the game data directory from the CD.
Unless otherwise specified, do NOT remove any file from the directory, even if it does not appear on the following list, since this will likely cause weird bugs.
Copy all files to the game directory. Some games need additional work:
Floppy games with RESOURCE.p01, p02, etc. and/or RESOURCE.a01, a02, etc. files
- Concatenate all RESOURCE.p0* files to RESOURCE.000 (e.g.
copy /b RESOURCE.p0* RESOURCE.000on Windows, or
cat RESOURCE.p0* > RESOURCE.000on *nix).
- Concatenate all RESOURCE.a0* files to RESOURCE.AUD (e.g.
copy /b RESOURCE.a0* RESOURCE.AUDon Windows, or
cat RESOURCE.a0* > RESOURCE.AUDon *nix).
Games with multiple CDs
- Directories that exist on multiple discs (e.g. ROBOT and VMD directories) must be merged together, not replaced.
- Rename the RESOURCE.SFX from each CD to RESSFX.00<cdnumber>, and the RESOURCE.AUD from each CD to RESAUD.00<cdnumber>, to match the corresponding RESSCI.00<cdnumber> file that exists on each CD.
- It should be safe to replace any other files from later CDs that were copied already from earlier CDs.
Leisure Suit Larry 6 hires
- If your game comes with a HIRES directory, copy all files from the HIRES directory to the game directory, then copy all files from the AUD and SFX directories to the game directory.
Simultaneous speech and subtitles
Certain CD versions of Sierra SCI games had both speech and text resources. In ScummVM, it is possible to enjoy a combined mode, where both speech and text are shown at the same time.
Either speech only or speech and text can be selected. There is no in-game option to toggle text only. Only ScummVM's audio options can be used to enable the text only mode.
Text can be toggled by selecting the "Text On/Off" option from the in-game "Game" menu, or via ScummVM's audio options. Speech cannot be disabled.