|No Screenshot Available|
|Also known as||N/A|
|Developed by||Cryo Interactive|
|Published by||Virgin Interactive|
|Distributed by||Virgin Interactive|
|Platforms||3DO, CD-i, DOS|
|Resolution||320x200, 256 colors|
Lost Eden is an adventure game set on an eerie planet populated with dinosaurs.
Your civilisation is menaced. Armies of Tyranns, led by Moorkus Rex, are gathering around your kingdom. Soon they will swarm in, destroy everything and kill your people. However, there is a single hope. There are legends telling that several hundreds of years ago, men and dinosaurs cooperated to build 5 mighty Citadels that were almost invulnerable to the Tyranns. Today, all the Citadels but one have been destroyed.
You play as Adam of Mo, you must rediscover the secret of uniting men and dinosaurs, rebuild the Citadels, and finally defeat Morkus Rex and his armies.
There are several Lost Eden game versions known to exist.
- Non-interactive PC demo version. Basically, a number of video files played in a loop with FM music in background. Google for "ANCIBUR2.HNM" file to find it.
- Interactive PC demo version. Allows to play through whole Citadel of Mo then shows "Coming Soon" banner. Can be found here: http://www.ag.ru/games/lost-eden/demos/2677 Download is a self-extracting archive, unpack it with 7zip or similar tool.
- PC version. Main version of the game. Written in assembly and partially based on Dune's game code. Runs in real-mode DOS environment, uses VGA 320x200 graphics and digitized sounds/music. Allows to select several languages for in-game subtitles. It is rumored that bootleg Russian translation also exists. Has 3 predefined slots for game save/load. Uses two different video codecs for HNM files.
- MAC version. Almost identical to PC version. Has slightly modified UI. Such as exta spaces on the inventory bar, resized subtitles overlay and different implementation of mouse cursor (which is worse than the original one). Looks like screen transition effects are also changed / rearranged. Also comes with updated game script. This version has no limit on save game slots. Standard system file selection dialogs are used instead. All screen hot-spots coordinates loaded from the main resource file instead of hard-coded values used in PC version.
- 3DO version. Uses completely different resource formats.
- CDI version. Uses completely different resource formats.
- CD32 version. Mentioned in PC demo version, but never released?