Monkey Island series
The Monkey Island games are an extremely successful series of graphic adventures, made by LucasArts (and later by Telltale Games under license from LucasArts).
- The Secret of Monkey Island (1990)
- Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge (1991)
- The Curse of Monkey Island (1997)
- Escape from Monkey Island (2000) (not a 2D point and click adventure, hence out of scope for ScummVM)
- Tales of Monkey Island (2009) (not a 2D point and click adventure, hence out of scope for ScummVM)
There were also special editions of the first two Monkey Island games where the SCUMM engine was also adapted for high resolution art and music that sits on top of the original V5 script data. These versions had two modes: the "modern" mode, with high resolution art and the "classic" mode, with the original art. The user can toggle the active mode by pressing F10. It is possible to extract the files of the "classic" mode and make them playable via ScummVM. The process is described in this thread. Do note that by using this method, only the classic mode is playable in ScummVM.
Escape from Monkey Island can be played in our sister project, ResidualVM.