|PlayStation Portable Port|
|Latest Released Version||2.6.0|
|Supported Audio Options||MP3, OGG, Uncompressed|
|Maintainer(s)||rsn8887, joostp, bluddy|
|First Official Version||0.8.0|
ScummVM has been ported to the Sony PlayStation Portable.
For your convenience, I've included a simple image viewer in the PSP port. You can view anything you want while playing a game. There are a few simple rules to follow:
- Images must be of PNG format. If you have images in another format, many graphics utilities will convert them for you.
- Images must be named psp_image1.png, psp_image2.png etc. This is to make sure there's no possible conflict between image files and game files.
- Images must be placed in the game directories. When using the image viewer,only the images of the particular game being played will be available for viewing.
- Don't place any images in the ScummVM directory, or you won't be able to seethe images in the game directories.
- There's no guarantee that you'll be able to view your image. This is because big images take a lot of memory (more than the size of the image on disk). If there isn't enough memory left to show the image, ScummVM will tell you so. Try to make the image smaller by either shrinking it or reducing the colors to 256 color palette mode.
Building from source
To build ScummVM for PSP you need:
- ScummVM source code (svn co https://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/scummvm/scummvm/trunk)
- PSP toolchain (svn co svn://svn.pspdev.org/psp/trunk/psptoolchain)
- PSPSDK (svn co svn://svn.pspdev.org/psp/trunk/pspsdk)Note: This usually gets installed by the PSP toolchain, so you don't have to do it manually.
- zlib (svn co svn://svn.pspdev.org/psp/trunk/zlib)
- libPNG (svn co svn://svn.pspdev.org/psp/trunk/libpng)
- libmad(x) (svn co svn://svn.pspdev.org/psp/trunk/libmad)
- libTremor(x) (svn co svn://svn.pspdev.org/psp/trunk/libTremor)
(x) = optional
Once you've installed these libraries (read their README.PSP for instructions), create a subdirectory in your ScummVM folder called 'builds/psp'. Then, in this folder, type
../../configure --host=psp --enable-plugins --default-dynamic
If everything is installed correctly, ScummVM will inform you as it finds the right components. Finally type
Joost Peters (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Paolo Costabel (email@example.com)
Thomas Mayer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Yotam Barnoy (email@example.com)