|Engine developer||eriktorbjorn, ajax16384, sev, md5|
|Companies that used it||The Dreamers Guild|
|Games that use it||Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb,|
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream,
Dinotopia, Nick of Time,
Halls of the Dead: Faery Tale Adventure II
|Date added to ScummVM||March 14, 2004|
|First release containing it||0.8.0|
The SAGA engine (Scripts for Animated Graphic Adventures) originally was developed by The Dreamers Guild, Inc. in 1993. In 2001 Daniel Balsom started his project YARN which was soon renamed to Reinherit. His main goal was to support ITE and eventually IHNM.
In 2002 the rights to Inherit the Earth were obtained by "The Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co.". And now they sell Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows versions of the game.
The same year Daniel abandons his project.
In 2004 the ScummVM team adopted the Reinherit project which was biting the dust by that time and shortly negotiations with Wyrmkeep were started.
In late 2004 the ScummVM team was gladly presented with the original source code of ITE and work on it continues.
Games using this engine
SAGA was used for these games:
- Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb (1994)
- I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream (1995)
- Dinotopia (1995)
- Nick of Time (1996) [Unreleased]
- Halls of the Dead: Faery Tale Adventure II (1997)
- SAGA Bugs: List of bugs that occured in the original versions
- TODO Page
- RSC File Format (*.RSC files in Inherit the Earth, *.RES files in I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream)
- Inherit the Earth Master Resource Access List
- Inherit the Earth Data Files