|Also known as||The Manhole: New and Enhanced|
|Developed by||Cyan Worlds|
|Published by||Activision, Brøderbund,|
|Platforms||DOS, FM-Towns, Macintosh,|
|Resolution||320x200, 256 colors|
|Support||Since ScummVM 1.0.0rc1|
(MADE versions only)
|No. The unsupported Masterpiece|
edition is available at GOG.com
The Manhole is a children's game created by Cyan (now Cyan Worlds). The player opens up a manhole, which reveals a giant beanstalk that can be traversed to visit strange worlds.
There were several versions of the game released, each one developed with a different game engine:
- The original Macintosh version (released in 1988), with HyperCard as its engine.
- The original DOS EGA version (released in 1989), with an earlier version of the MADE engine.
- The PC-Engine version (released in 1991), with a custom engine.
- The "New and Enhanced" version (released in 1992), with a newer version of the MADE engine.
- The CD-ROM "Masterpiece Edition" (released in 1994), which used a HyperCard-like engine. This version includes QuickTime videos as well.
Required data files
For more information on how ScummVM uses game data files, see the user documentation.
DOS VGA (New and Enhanced)
For more information about how to use the CD audio tracks with ScummVM, see the user documentation.