Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Team Member since||2007-04-12 (Retired)|
|Working on||AGI and Cine engines (Retired)|
I officially retired from ScummVM development on 5th of September, 2018.
This page is here only for archival purposes.
Google Summer of Code 2008
Google Summer of Code 2007
During summer of 2007 I participated in the Google Summer of Code and worked on ScummVM's AGI engine.
Final development ideas for AGI
- Map Apple IIGS AGI games' MIDI instruments to General Midi and/or Roland MT-32
- Add option for always adding Slow/Normal/Fast/Fastest to AGI games' menus
- This isn't present e.g. in Apple IIGS version of Black Cauldron
- Do the scripts only add speed controls if vComputer isn't AppleIIGS?
- Do some funky stuff to convert AGI games to support different aspects ratios besides 320:200 (e.g. 16:9 or 21:9)
- Using a form of content-aware scaling and possibly somehow correcting horizontal values in scripts from 0-159 to 0-X where X <= 255
- If Apple IIGS AGI games all work correctly in ScummVM then perhaps GOG could legally sell and support them using ScummVM?
- This way more people could be made aware of the most aurally advanced (Including MIDI and samples) AGI game versions i.e. the Apple IIGS versions