|Also known as|
|Developed by||Entertainment Software Partners,|
Philips P.O.V. Entertainment Group
|Published by||Interplay, Philips Interactive Media|
|Resolution||320x200, 256 colors|
|Engine developer||dreammaster, strangerke|
|Date added to ScummVM||February 17, 2014|
|Support||Since ScummVM 1.7.0|
Voyeur was one of the main flagship game for the Philips CD-i console on release in 1993. It was also released for DOS. It should be noted that:
- This game features nudity and adult themes, giving it a 18+ classification on release. It is thus unsuitable for children.
- Only the DOS version is currently playable. CD-i and Mac versions _may_ be supported in the future.
In the game, you play a private investigator hired by a wealthy family. You mainly interact with them via a simulated CCTV video camera system, spying on various family members and trying to accumulate the required evidence.
- The very first logo animation is handled by a completely separate dedicated executable, logo8.exe. At the moment we haven't gotten around to disassembling it, particularly since it doesn't have debug information like the main game executable did.
- The audio tends to get out of sync with the video on longer videos. This may be fixed since I changed the getFrameRate() method in the RL2FileHeader class to return a Common::Rational. Needs to be checked.
- The doGossip routine currently uses two separate decoders but trying to use the first decoder again for a second video results in corrupted audio. Ideally, the reason for this should be figured out so the method only needs the single decoder.