|Companies that used it||Sierra|
|Games that use it||Mystery House|
Wizard and the Princess
Ulysses and the Golden Fleece
The Dark Crystal
|Date added to ScummVM||2016-03-24|
|First release containing it||1.9.0|
ADL stands for "Adventure Development Language". It was created by Ken Williams for the first games created by Sierra (then known as On-Line Systems), the company that he founded with his wife, Roberta Williams.
The games using this engine were known as the Hi-Res Adventure series.
Several of them were included in SCI game collections (the "Roberta Williams Anthology" and "King's Quest Collection Series").
Games using this engine
- Hi-Res Adventure #0 - Mission Asteroid (1980) (Released after Mystery House and Wizard and the Princess)
- Hi-Res Adventure #1 - Mystery House (1980)
- Hi-Res Adventure #2 - Wizard and the Princess/Adventure in Serenia (1980)
- Hi-Res Adventure #3 - Cranston Manor (1981)
- Hi-Res Adventure #4 - Ulysses and the Golden Fleece (1981)
- Hi-Res Adventure #5 - Time Zone (1982)
- Hi-Res Adventure #6 - The Dark Crystal (1983)
Japanese names for those games:
- ADL Disk Images: Information on supported disk image formats