Difference between revisions of "AGS"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(merged old commits, most audio code merged)
m (Add a section for original game bugs)
|(11 intermediate revisions by 5 users not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
* . the .
* . .
* the the .
* [https://github.com/fuzzie/scummvm/tree/ags WIP AGS
engine in ScummVM git fork
Latest revision as of 04:51, 16 August 2021
|Engine developer||dreammaster, criezy|
|Companies that used it||Various|
|Games that use it||Hundreds of games|
|Date added to ScummVM||2021-02-06|
|First release containing it||2.5.0|
- Various games from 2.5 onwards are completable.
- Because many games fool around with volume settings, in-game volume controls are separate from the ScummVM volume controls, but will respect them. Thus, even if your in-game music volume slider is at maximum, if your ScummVM music volume slider is low, the music won't be loud.
- Finishing implementing and testing the various plugins needed by the games. Of the remaining, ags_lua is low priority because it was only ever used by a single game.
- Some graphics rendering is still stubbed. Need to find places where it's actually used in any games, so it can be properly implemented and tested.
- Testing various games to identify and fix any missing functionality or incorrect implementation.
Original Game Bugs
This section lists any identified bugs that occur in the original games, and aren't currently planned/feasible to work around in the engine
- in Space Quest: Vohaul Strikes Back, exiting the Sewer immediately after entering it results in Roger not being able to move. This is recoverable by using the electrified fence to die, and then choosing to try again.
- Fuzzie's WIP AGS engine (outdated, for reference only)
- AdventureGameStudio's own WIP engine in ScummVM git fork (outdated fork of Fuzzie's work, for reference only)
- AdventureGameStudio's game database