Adventure Soft is a British video game company founded by Mike Woodroffe.
Adventure Soft started out by converting the interactive fiction games by Adventure International to computers that were popular in the United Kingdom to be sold in that market under the trade name Adventure International UK, with their first releases occurring in 1983. They began creating their own games in 1984, however they still released their games under the Adventure International UK label until Adventure International went bankrupt in 1986, at which point they began releasing their games under the Adventuresoft UK label. Starting in 1989, they gained a cult following with their Elvira series of adventure-RPGs. The Elvira series was published under the Horror Soft label with Personal Nightmare as the first game.
Today, they are most well known for creating the Simon the Sorcerer series.
- Personal Nightmare (1989)
- Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (1990)
- Elvira 2: The Jaws of Cerberus (1991)
- Waxworks (1992)
- Simon the Sorcerer (1993)
- Simon the Sorcerer II: The Lion, the Wizard and the Wardrobe (1995)
- The Feeble Files (1997)
- Simon the Sorcerer Puzzle Pack (1998)
They have also created other games. These games are not 2D point and click adventures and they don't use an engine that is used by a 2D point and click adventure game, and thus will never be a part of ScummVM.
- Gremlins: The Adventure (1984)
- Robin of Sherwood: The Touchstones of Rhiannon (1985)
- Seas of Blood (1985)
- Super Gran - The Adventure (1985)
- Rebel Planet (1986)
- Temple of Terror (1986)
- Blizzard Pass (1986)
- Kayleth (1986)
- Masters of the Universe: Super Adventure (1986)
- Masters of the Universe: The Arcade Game (1986)
- Captain America in: The Doom Tube of Dr. Megalomann (1987)
- Simon the Sorcerer's Pinball (1998)
- Simon the Sorcerer 3D (2002)