Difference between revisions of "Android"
(Fix Android Build Download Link.)
(version 1.7.0 is now available)
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
Revision as of 12:19, 23 July 2014
|Latest Released Version||2.2.0|
|Supported Audio Options||MP3, OGG, FLAC, Uncompressed|
|First Official Version||1.2.0|
ScummVM has also been ported to the Android platform.
There is a quick start guide aimed at users of the stable version from the Android Market.
DPAD up/down/left/right: Mouse movement DPAD center: Left mouse button
Movement: Mouse movement Click: Left mouse button
The touchscreen can be used in two modes: direct mode and touchpad mode. The default mode is touchpad mode. When in direct mode, the mouse cursor moves to the touched point on screen. In touchpad mode, the mouse cursor is independent of the touched point, it is moved relative to its current position - like on a touchpad. The Android version of ScummVM doesn't have an input configuration dialog yet, but as a temporary workaround, touchpad mode can be toggled with the "Mixed AdLib/MIDI mode" checkbox on the MIDI tab in ScummVM's main options dialog. Restart ScummVM after changing it. Tap + movement: Mouse movement Tap without movement: Left mouse button click Tap held for >0.5s without movement: Right mouse button click Tap held for >1s without movement: Middle mouse button click Double Tap + movement: Drag and drop On devices supporting multitouch: Hold down one finger, tap with second: Right mouse button click Hold down two fingers, tap with third: Middle mouse button click
Back button: Escape Menu button: ScummVM menu Menu button held for 0.5s: Toggle virtual keyboard Camera or Search button: Right mouse button click
Most users will install/update the latest stable signed release build and plugins from the Google Play store directly on their device.
The ScummVM developer page for this is here.
It is required to install the main ScummVM application from here before installing the required engine plugins.
For users with Android devices lacking the Google Play store access, there are several other options to install the release builds:
1. Zip files with signed apks will be provided on the download page and these can be installed with a file manager as per the instructions for daily builds below.
2. F-Droid OSS Catalogue from here.
As the Play store version may be outdated or users may want to test newer development versions, the daily autogenerated builds from our buildbot can be found here.
However, to install them, a few points are needed to be dealt with:
- You will need to uninstall all currently installed ScummVM versions including all plugins, as you can not install a daily build alongside the stable release.
- In order to install the APKs from the daily build zip files, you will need a file manager. The free and open source Ghost Commander is recommended which can also unzip the zip files if downloaded directly to the device.
- In order to install these _UNSIGNED_ daily builds, you will need to enable the option in the Android Settings for Unknown sources.
This is usually under Settings->Security->Unknown Sources (Allow installation of apps from unknown sources).
You should turn this off again after you have installed both the main ScummVM apk and the required engine plugins.