Difference between revisions of "Compiling ScummVM/GCC"
m (→Optional: libmpeg2)
Revision as of 02:04, 15 December 2006
Compiling ScummVM with GCC under Linux
Mandatory (these should also install dependencies)
- gcc-c++ (under Fedora Core, run "yum install gcc-c++" as root to install the GNU C++ compiler)
- SDL-devel (under Fedora Core, run "yum install SDL-devel" as root to install it)
- flac (Free Lossless Audio Codec, needed if you want to play compressed games without quality loss)
- libmad (MPEG Audio Decoder, needed if you want to play MP3-compressed games)
- libOGG and libVorbis (OGG Vorbis decoder, needed if you want to play OGG-Vorbis-compressed games)
- libMPEG2 (.mpg video decoder, needed for the re-encoded cutscenes in Broken Sword 1/2)
- TODO (tremor, libfluidsynth)
Building the libraries
Run the configure script - type "./configure" in the directory with the ScummVM source files. If no errors come up, you should be ready to compile ScummvM. Run "./configure --help" for a list of optional features (eg additional, not yet enabled engines).
either run ./scummvm from the current directory or run make install to install ScummVM (you can then run it using "scummvm" from any directory)