Compiling ScummVM/PlayStation Portable
There are 2 ways to get the necessary components to build for the PSP -- the easy way and the hard way.
The hard way is obtaining and building everything from source manually:
- PSP Toolchain (svn co svn://svn.pspdev.org/psp/trunk/psptoolchain)
- PSPSDK (svn co svn://svn.pspdev.org/psp/trunk/pspsdk) - This usually gets installed by the PSP toolchain, so you don't have to do it manually.
- SDL (svn co svn://svn.pspdev.org/psp/trunk/SDL)
- zlib (svn co svn://svn.pspdev.org/psp/trunk/zlib)
- libmad (svn co svn://svn.pspdev.org/psp/trunk/libmad)
- libpng (needed for the image browser and visual keyboard)
The easy way is to install MinPSPW, which is available for Windows and Linux. Everything is taken care of for you this way. This way is highly recommended.
To build, from msys, go to the scummvm directory. Create a subdirectory called something like 'builds/psp' and change to it (cd builds/psp). Now call configure by typing '../../configure --host=psp --enable-plugins --default-dynamic' This will build for the PSP with plugins enabled, which is recommended or you may not have enough memory. The PSP-2000 and above can handle not using plugins. In that case you'll only type '../../configure --host=psp'.
Now type 'make' and wait for compilation and linking to complete. You'll end up with an 'EBOOT.PBP' file, as well as plugins (if you asked for them) in the /plugins directory.
Don't forget the kbd.zip file from /backends/platform/psp if you want the visual keyboard to work.