Building ScummVM yourself using the UIQ 2.1/Nokia S60 SDK/Nokia S80 SDK/Nokia S90 SDK framework is not an easy task! Lets just say the framework needs quite some time to set up and takes a while to get used to. If you choose to continue you will need the following items:
- UIQ 3.x SDK (To build for UIQ3 devices)(Build scripts in SDK need tweaking in order to build scummvm since Symbian OS GCCE never builds as large projects as ScummVM before)
- UIQ 2.1 SDK (To build for UIQ2 devices):
- Nokia S60 1st, 2nd edition,3rd edition SDK (To build for S60 devices)
- Nokia S80 SDK (To build for S80 devices)
- Nokia 7710 SDK (To build for the 7710/S90 device)
- ECompXL, an EPOC application compression library:
http://www.yipton.demon.co.uk/ecompxl/latest/readme.html (To build for UIQ devices)
- libsdl, Simple Directmedia Layer, a cross-platform multimedia library:
http://www.libsdl.org/ (see note about ESDL below)
- libmad, a high-quality MPEG audio decoder:
- zlib, a massively spiffy yet delicately unobtrusive compression library:
- latest version of active perl (included with Symbian SDK does not work with the build scripts)
- libogg, the free media file container format:
- libvorbis, the free audio codec:
These are probably too heavy-duty for your phone:
- flac, the Free Lossless Audio Codec:
- libmpeg2, a free MPEG-2 video stream decoder:
ECompXL (Only needed for UIQ2):
This is a tool that will compress your executable with GZIP and glue
it to a predefined loader app. The app will uncompress your application at
runtime and run it without you even knowing it. A really interesting byproduct
of this method is that the general restriction of not having any writeable
static data (WSD) for Symbian APP executables no longer applies. This makes
the life of an EPOC porter a lot easier! To install this tool you need to add
its \bin path to your PATH above the sybmian epocs32\tools path, so that ECompXL's
PETRAN.EXE will be the executable that is started.
The latest version of SDL at this point in time is 1.2.13. This version
works great for compiling on other platforms.
The zlib-x.x.x.tar.gz does not come with UIQ .mpp build files, that's why
I added them for you in epoc-zlib.zip. Extract in <DevRoot>/zlib/ which will
create the epoc dir. In <DevRoot>/zlib/epoc/ go:
> bldmake bldfiles
> abld build
The libmad-x.x.x.tar.gz does not come with UIQ .mpp build files, that's
why I added them for you in epoc-libmad.zip. Extract in <DevRoot>/libmad/ which
will create the epoc dir. In <DevRoot>/libmad/epoc/ go:
> bldmake bldfiles
> abld build
In <DevRoot>\scummvm\backends\platform\symbian\ go:
a) Edit and update the BuildPackageUpload_LocalSettings.pl for the kind of build (SDK installed etc) and variants you want to build.
b) Run BuildPackageUpload_AllVersions.pl to build all the targets/variants that you have configured.
A detailed log will be placed in the symbian folder with Build.err.log and Build.out.log but it also depends on the configuration you select.
Now you should have yourself a nice ScummVM_xxx.sis installer package in the packages folder for use
on your phone. Please note that for development it will be a lot faster if you
transfer the SCUMMVM.APP/Scummvm.EXE file directly to your !:\system\apps\ScummVM\ dir!
Platforms can be one of: ARMi, ARM4, THUMB, WINS, WINSCW, GCCE. The SE P900 uses the ARMi platform,
which is a combined ARM4/THUMB programming mode. Configurations can be one of:
UREL or UDEB.