|Companies that used it||Animation Magic|
|Games that use it||Darby the Dragon,|
Gregory and the Hot Air Balloon,
various other children's games
|Date added to ScummVM||July 27, 2011|
|First release containing it||None|
The Magic Composer engine was developed by the Russian studio Animation Magic for their Magic Tales series of interactive books, and was later used for various educational and adventure games targeted at children, as well as for the unreleased Warcraft Adventures.
Games using this engine
Magic Composer was used for the following (released) games:
- Magic Tales: Baba Yaga & the Magic Geese (1995)
- Magic Tales: The Little Samurai (1995)
- Magic Tales: Imo & the King (1995)
- Magic Tales: Sleeping Cub's Test of Courage (1996)
- Magic Tales: The Princess and the Crab (1996)
- Magic Tales: Liam Finds a Story (1996)
- Gregory and the Hot Air Balloon (1996)
- Darby the Dragon (1996)
The 1999 version of Fisher-Price's Back to School: Reading seems likely to be using composer 4.0.
Other possibilities include the 1998 version of Jump Start Kindergarten Math and the 1999 version of Jump Start Preschool.
- Timing issues need to be fixed.
- V1 games are not yet supported.
These are script bugs present in the original:
- Sleeping Cub demo: The spoon carver animation restarts and then freezes after you've clicked on him once and waited for a bit.