The ScummVM wiki runs the MediaWiki software.
Some useful links for MediaWiki documentation:
But meanwhile, here are some basic markup rules!
- Sections are started using markup as such: "=== This is a section ===". Subsections simply use "====" instead. All sections are automatically added to the Table of Contents.
- Linking to an offsite resource: [[http://www.url.com/url/ The Link Text]]
- Linking to another Wiki page: [[Wiki Page]]
- Linking to another Wiki page, via alternative text: [[Wiki Page|Please click this link!]]
- Linking to a user: [[users:username|Username]]
Images and Linked Files
- Files and images can be uploaded using the Upload Page.
- A list of available images can be viewed at the Image List.
- Images are displayed in-line with the following markup: [[Image:name.png|Alternate Text]]. PLEASE ALWAYS SPECIFY ALTERNATE TEXT unless the image is pure decoration.
- Uploaded media can be linked to (eg, not displayed inline) with the markup: [[media:name.jpg|Link Text]]
- Using '*' as the first non-whitespace char on a line, will make that line an unordered list item
- Using '#' as the first non-whitespace char will make that line an ORDERED list item
- You can nest ('**' or '##') lists, as well as combine multiple types in nested lists ('#*#' for example)
Signatures and timestamps
When adding a comment to a Talk or TODO page, where the identity of the editor is required, use one of the following:
~~~translates as a link to your user page.
~~~~translates to your user name and the current date/time.
~~~~~translates to the date/time.
- Definition of new terms should be created using the definition markup: ; item : the item's definition
- Surrounding text by the <nowiki> tag will prevent that block being parsed for wiki commands
- Most basic HTML can be used, such as tables