< HopkinsJump to navigation Jump to search
|Name||Hopkins Engine TODO|
|Technical Contact(s)||Hopkins Engine Team|
- Refactor the engine
Nice to have
- Original OS/2 map present in a DAT file for the Win version, which requires some legal issues to be fixed.
- Implement the missing IdTech0 engine used for the maze, in the Windows version.
- The original code also had support for 256 color mode, which we dropped during refactoring.. Gameplay only uses 256 colors, although the cutscenes are in SVGA. In theory a 256 color game mode could be re-introduced, although I'm not certain whether there are VGA versions of the cutscenes in all game releases.. some SVGA dithering could become necessary.
Greencis reported the following glitches:
- (Generic) If you click 2-5 pixels to the left/right/down from current Hopkins/Samantha position, a sprite with raised leg set for the character.
- (Win95 EN/RU) In ScummVM, after Hopkins killed Samantha, if you exit from shooting range, white spots appear on Samantha's pale blue T-shirt while screen is fading. In original, the color of T-shirt stays pale blue.
- (Win95 EN/RU) If you press Esc button after a label "Graphic Designers and Animators" in credits appeared, credits will disappear and there will be yellow traces in the bottom of the screen.
- While discussing with the man with the newspaper outside the apartment, there's a subtle glitch on the lips at the end of each sentence. (note: VISU_PARLE, animation index 22)
- Some non-optimal path-finding issues
- City Map: The birds flying over the buildings are occasionally masked by the buildings. Same thing with the smoke from the chimney. Both are sometimes also off-by-one pixel. The priority bug is event worst when the car is hidden by the batiment. In this case the smoke from the chimney is always hidden.