Humongous is a video game company founded by Ron Gilbert and Shelley Day.
As Humongous Entertainment, the company built it's reputation by making excellent graphic adventures for children beginning in the early 1990s. They soon expanded into the popular children's sport franchise Backyard Sports, which is still continuing today.
The company was purchased by GT Interactive in 1996, which was in turn sold to Infogrames, whose US branch became Atari in 2003. In 2005, Atari sold Humongous Entertainment back to the main Infogrames branch in France. Infogrames renamed Humongous Entertainment to Humongous in 2006.
Ron Gilbert brought the SCUMM scripting language with him when he left LucasArts to form Humongous Entertainment, and as such, most of the PC and Macintosh versions of Humongous Entertainment's games use an enhanced version of the SCUMM scripting language.
- View the progress of Humongous Entertainment games support.
- A list of all known Humongous Entertainment games.
- A list of all known Blue Clue's games from other companies.
- A list of Cheats for the arcade games.
- A description of the Debug modes in the original games.
- A description of the INI-Settings for HE games.