|Engine developer||athrxx, cyx, LordHoto, vinterstum|
|Companies that used it||Westwood Studios|
|Games that use it||The Legend of Kyrandia, Hand of Fate, |
|Date added to ScummVM||2004-04-09|
|First release containing it||0.9.0|
The file kyra.dat is required in order to run the games. It can be found in the ScummVM sources in the directory "dists/engine-data" (kyra.dat for latest ScummVM SVN, kyra.dat for the latest ScummVM Release).
The Legend of Kyrandia
Since ScummVM 0.9.0 The Legend of Kyrandia can be completed using the Kyra engine (some graphics glitches still occur).
Hand of Fate
Since ScummVM 0.12.0 Hand of Fate can be completed using the Kyra engine. It was first completable as of 0.12.0 SVN from 21 Mar 2008.
Since ScummVM 0.12.0 Malcolm's Revenge can be completed using the Kyra engine. It was first completable as of 0.12.0 SVN from 28 Apr 2008.
Lands of Lore
Lands of Lore is completable as of 0.14.0 SVN from 7 June 2009.
Status of the Source Release
Negotiations for the release of the source to Kyrandia (and possible freeware release) have been conducted with Electronic Arts LA. The original code and assets from the Westwood-era have been confirmed to still exist on backups.
Action has stalled, mostly due to confusion over the franchise ownership and licensing. As of the last update, EA has reconfirmed their ownership of the rights.
Games using this engine
The items and map lists may include spoilers for the games, so do not look at them if you want to play the games on your own.
- Opcodes (list of unimplemented functions)
- Items (Kyrandia 1)
- Maps (Kyrandia 1)
- Savegames (Kyrandia 1) (for the sake of reference only)
Kyrandia 2: Hand of Fate
Kyrandia 3: Malcolm's Revenge
Kyra TODO: TODO Page
- ftp://ftp.westwood.com/pub/kyrandia1/ - Kyrandia 1 - update, demo, sample music, screenshots
- ftp://ftp.westwood.com/pub/kyrandia2/ - Kyrandia 2 - update, demo, sample music, screenshots
- ftp://ftp.westwood.com/pub/kyrandia3/ - Kyrandia 3 - sample music, video, screenshots
- ftp://ftp.westwood.com/pub/lands1/ - Lands of Lore - update, demo, sample music, screenshots