Main Mohawk TODO
- Seeking support
- The Cyan logo repeats some frames at the end. I call it "Cyan logo syndrome." This is caused by the lack of handling of multiple edit lists. FFmpeg doesn't handle this yet either.
- This would require seeking, so that needs to be implemented first.
- Some Cinepak frames have corruption.
- The Myst linking book video on D'ni has a corrupted Cinepak frame (data-wise). Right now, we just skip that frame (and throw a warning). It looks like QuickTime does this too.
- The CD (but not the DVD) version of Riven has two videos with a corrupt frame: the wood chipper (when power is directed elsewhere) and using the trap book before talking with Gehn (when not on Tay).
- Unify the 8bpp to 16/32bpp code snippets. This is mostly done already. I have a patch to add it to graphics/conversion.h, but still waiting on that one.
The game is not currently completable for many many many reasons, but support is definitely increasing steadily. The ages are currently at least partially explorable.
(In Order of Priority):
- Type 10, 11 and 12 support required to implement slider functionality.
- Video seeking (see above)
- Myst ME support is missing these codecs: QDesign Music 2 (partially working) and Sorenson Video 1.
- Myst 10th Edition requires the Myst ME codecs plus Sorenson Video 3.
- Loads of cleanup
The game is completable as of r52482, provided you know the D'ni numbering system previously and the marble puzzle is hacked to always work.
(In Order of Priority):
- Finish External Commands (Many are done, most are self-explanatory)
- Some require video seeking, see above
- Cleanup SLST handling
- Fading not handled
- Some sounds do not play (maglev from tspit to jspit), is this right?
- Possibly make looping MP2 sound faster; there's a slight click between iterations.
- Add image caching?
- Cleanup hotspot debugging mode. The water effect and videos write over it.
Stack TODO/Known Bugs
- The boiler puzzle seems to work almost perfectly now, although there may be one or two very minor glitches.
- The video of the platform moving up and down does not play
- The Ytram trap only partially works currently. xbsettrap, xbcheckcatch, and xbfreeytram need to be implemented.
- The map viewer is not implemented, but you are still able to choose an island.
- The underwater viewer is not implemented.
- DVD version: Pushing the left lever on card 262 will segfault after getting bad (?) frame data in the Cinepak decoder
- Ambient sounds don't work when clicking on a stone in the rebel tunnel puzzle.
- tMOV 150 on card 377 (DVD version) or 378 (CD version) has a non-square scaling/rotation matrix and currently errors out. This is the "close button" video outside of the whark head.
- Missing randomized sunner videos.
- Missing randomized rebel videos.
- Need to finish the marble puzzle. It is currently bypassed. xt7500_checkmarbles, xt7600_setupmarbles, xt7800_setup, xdrawmarbles, and xtakeit need to be completed.
Other Games TODO
- They (mostly) all use QuickTime video.
- 'QkBk' codec: "CDToons" video used by various Broderbund games. Also uses default QuickTime palettes.
- The re-release of Zoombinis uses Bink Video!
- Some Kid Pix games use Smacker (in tSMK resources)
- CSAmtrak/CSWorld use .FON resources for fonts. They're basically .FNT files in an NE library.
- Zoombini uses a TrueType Font.
- The RLE compression methods are required for the older Living Books games. Only RLE8 has been observed in later Living Books games.
- This actually might not be RLE, it doesn't look like that compression...