Difference between revisions of "Nintendo Switch"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 22:51, 11 June 2019
|Nintendo Switch Port|
|Latest Released Version||None|
|Supported Audio Options||MP3, OGG, FLAC, Uncompressed|
|First Official Version||2.1.0|
ScummVM has been ported to the Nintendo Switch by Cpasjuste. Note: The first release version will be 2.1.0. But daily buildbot versions are already available (see below).
- A homebrew enabled Nintendo Switch console. Detailed jailbreaking instructions can be found on Nintendo Homebrew's Guide or, alternatively, on AtlasNX's Guide.
- At least one ScummVM supported game. The list of compatible games can be seen here: https://www.scummvm.org/compatibility/
- The page Where to get the games references some places where those games can be bought. Demonstration versions for most of the supported games are downloadable on https://scummvm.org/demos/
- The latest daily version of ScummVM for Switch is here (needs to be unzipped).
- Copy the scummvm folder to your SD card into the folder /switch/ so that you have a folder /switch/scummvm with scummvm.nro and other folders inside.
- Launch ScummVM using your favorite method to launch homebrew on the Switch
The user manual describes how to add games to ScummVM and launch them: User Manual
Saves are written to the /switch/scummvm/saves folder.
|Game Controller Mapping:|
|R + Left stick||Slow Mouse|
|B||Left mouse button|
|A||Right mouse button|
|DPad||Keypad "Cursor" Keys (useful for character motion in Sierra games)|
|R + DPad||Diagonal Keypad "Cursor" Keys|
|L Trigger||Game menu (F5)|
|R Trigger||Shift (used to enable Mass Add in menu)|
|Y||Period '.' (used to skip dialog lines)|
|R + Y||Space ' '|
|X||Escape (used to skip cutscenes)|
|R + X||Return|
|Plus||ScummVM's global in-game menu|
|Minus||Toggle virtual keyboard|
|R + Minus||AGI predictive input dialog|
|Touch Controls (Touchpad Mouse Mode Off, Default):|
|short single finger tap||Move pointer to finger position and left mouse button click|
|short second finger tap while holding one finger||Move pointer to first finger position and right mouse button click|
|single finger drag||Move pointer directly with finger|
|dual finger drag (long second finger tap while holding one finger)||Move pointer while left mouse button is held down (drag'n'drop). The pointer directly follows the first finger. The drag is ended when the last finger is removed.|
|triple finger drag (long second and third finger tap while holding one finger)||Move pointer while right mouse button is held down (drag'n'drop). The pointer directly follows the first finger. The drag is ended when the last finger is removed.|
|Touch Controls (Touchpad Mouse Mode On):|
|short single finger tap||Left mouse button click|
|short second finger tap while holding one finger||Right mouse button click|
|single finger drag||Move pointer indirectly with finger, pointer speed can be adjusted in control settings|
|dual finger drag (long second finger tap while holding one finger)||Move pointer while left mouse button is held down (drag'n'drop). The pointer motion is affected by the first finger. The drag is ended when the last finger is removed.|
|triple finger drag (long second and third finger tap while holding one finger)||Move pointer while right mouse button is held down (drag'n'drop). The pointer motion is affected by the first finger. The drag is ended when the last finger is removed.|
- Physical USB mice and keyboards work on the Switch and are supported by ScummVM. All keyboards work. Not all mice work. A mouse compatibility list is available here
- For multi-touch gestures, the fingers have to be far enough apart from each other, so that the Switch will not erroneously recognize them as a single finger. Otherwise the pointer will jump around.
- The touch control scheme can be switched in the main menu via "options->controls->touchpad mouse mode"
- When touchpad mouse mode is off (default), the touch controls are direct. The pointer always jumps to the finger.
- When touchpad mouse mode is on, the touch controls are indirect. The finger can be far away from the pointer and still move it, like on a laptop touchpad. The pointer speed setting in "options->controls" affects how far the pointer moves in response to a finger movement.
- The two finger drag is useful for Full Throttle to bring up the action menu, and in the menu to use the scroll bar in the game list. It works in the following way: holding down two fingers for a while initiates a drag'n'drop where the left mouse button is being held down. The first finger affects mouse motion during the drag, the second finger can be removed without affecting the drag. When the last finger is removed, the left mouse button is released and the drag is over. Note the second finger can be anywhere, it doesn't have to be close to the first finger, and it doesn't have to be put down simultaneously with the first finger, either.
- Typical usage of dual finger drag and drop in Full Throttle: Hold down one finger over an object. Then hold down a second finger somewhere on the screen for a little bit to initiate a dual finger drag. This brings up the action menu. Now let go of the second finger. The dual-finger drag continues since one finger is still down. Select an action with the first finger, and let go of the first finger to end the drag.
- There is also a three finger drag that causes the right-mouse button to be held down, instead of the left one. It might be useful for some games.
Building From Source
This port of ScummVM to the Switch is based on SDL2. It uses the open source SDK provided by devkitPro.
To build ScummVM for Switch:
- Obtain the ScummVM source code (https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm)
- Install the development tools for Switch following the official instructions (https://devkitpro.org/wiki/Getting_Started)
- Update package database and install libraries (see here for an updated list)
sudo dkp-pacman -Sy sudo dkp-pacman -S \ switch-sdl2 \ switch-libmad \ switch-libogg \ switch-libvorbis \ switch-flac \ switch-libtheora \ switch-libpng \ switch-libjpeg-turbo \ switch-zlib \ switch-freetype \ switch-sdl2_net \ switch-curl \ switch-libtimidity \ switch-pkg-config
- Create a subdirectory somewhere outside the source folder for your ScummVM build and cd into it
- Execute the command (once a curl-config script exists for devkitA64, the --disable-libcurl could be omitted)
../scummvm/configure --host=switch --disable-libcurl
- Execute the command
Unauthorized distribution of an installable package with non freeware games included is a violation of the copyright law and is as such forbidden.