Nord and Bert Couldn't Make Head or Tail of It
|Nord and Bert Couldn't Make Head or Tail of It|
|No Screenshot Available|
|Also known as||N/A|
|Platforms||Amiga, Apple II, Atari ST,|
Commodore 64, DOS, Macintosh
Nord and Bert Couldn't Make Head or Tail of It is a text adventure by Infocom that is comprised of puns and wordplay. There are seven chapters that can be completed in any order:
- The Shopping Bizarre: A grocery store has products with nonsensical homonyms, such as "chocolate moose", which must be reverted to normal.
- Playing Jacks: Words starting with "Jack" has to be constructed, with an item named "Jack of All Traits", to solve puzzles.
- Buy the Farm: On a farm, clichéd expressions have to be used in their literal meaning.
- Eat Your Words: Idioms must be used in their literal form while in a diner.
- Act the Part: After being transported to a 1950s-style sitcom, visual gags must be performed.
- Manor of Speaking: A strange house must be explored in a manner more akin to traditional text adventures.
- Shake a Tower: Letters in expressions must be re-arranged to create humorous new meanings.
After these are completed, its time to meet the mayor of Punster in a final chapter that mixes the elements of the other chapters.