|Task Name||Improve WME|
|Technical Contact(s)||Einar Johan Trøan Sømåen|
The current WME engine allows to play several WME games perfectly. There are neverthless some missing features in the current version of the engine, and some parts of the engine require some optimization. As a consequence, this would allow to improve the gaming experience and to add support to more WME games.
- Implement missing features (Sprite Rotation, Blending etc)
- Implement proper debugger support (Missing in WME Lite, but very usefull if users are to develop games for usage with ScummVM).
- Further refactoring of engine
- Optimization of render-path
- Add support for localized games (UTF-support).
- Add subtitle-support to videos.
- Testing and adding support for additional games.
- WME-games playable for a larger part of the userbase.
- Potential larger userbase for fanmade games created using the engine.
- Good C++ skills.
- Good knowledge of ScummVM coding conventions and portability guidelines (could be learned in less than a week)
- Engine internals could be studied quickly.