Jump to navigation Jump to search
- make a clean implementation of double-buffering, with centralized updateScreen(). This would significantly deviate from the original engine, but may be the only way to effectively implement hardware-based effects (like half-brite). Other versions of the engine will surely benefit from a clean approach, too.
- merge input loops: make one input routine for menu, one for dialogue and one for _c_endIntro (possibly merge it with menu). It would be probably needed as part of the new double-buffering implementation. Should be worthy to investigate if it can be made before.
- make a real Parser: maybe not strictly necessary but sounds cool :)
known serious issues:
- dino crashes when he activates robot from mini size: changeCharacter selects a new archive for resource loading but then doesn't bother restoring the previous one before exiting.
- dino sometimes crashes after reduction at matsushita lab: the game scripts seems to assign an incorrect y coordinate to the character, though crasing the engine.
- dino crashes when opening shopping bag in mitsushita office (not on loadgames) [under investigation]
- dough crashes when parachuting from monastery (not on loadgames) [under investigation]
other less relevant issues:
- halbfrite spotlight for donna's show is not working: the effect is handled in hardware in the original game, and the current implementation doesn't allow for a clean solution. See General TODO above (double-buffering stuff).
- character should walk faster to match the original
- hiragana code blocks in protection screen should change color when pressed (amiga)
- make proper balloons with rounded corners for dialogues (amiga) [needs a polygon fill routine]