|Playstation Vita Port|
|Latest Released Version||1.10.0|
|Supported Audio Options||MP3, OGG, FLAC, Uncompressed|
|First Official Version||1.10.0|
Note the only available Vita package at the moment is the nightly buildbot version psp2-master-latest.zip. Version 1.10.0 will be the first proper stable Vita release once it is finished.
- A homebrew enabled PlayStation Vita console.
- At least one ScummVM supported game. The list of compatible games can be seen here: http://www.scummvm.org/compatibility/
- The page http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Where_to_get_the_games references some places where those games can be bought. Demonstration versions for most of the supported games are downloadable on http://scummvm.org/demos/
- From a computer, download the installable package here psp2-master-latest.zip.
- Unzip and copy the .vpk file it to the PlayStation Vita and install it.
The user manual describes how to add games to ScummVM and launch them: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/User_Manual
PlayStation Vita Specifics
Saves are written in the ux0:/data/scummvm/saves folder.
- Left stick => Mouse
- R + Left stick => Slow Mouse
- Cross => Left mouse button
- Circle => Right mouse button
- DPad => Cursor Keys (useful for character motion)
- R + DPad => Diagonal Cursor Keys
- L Trigger => Game menu (F5)
- R Trigger => Shift (used to enable Mass Add in menu)
- Square => Period '.' (used to skip dialog lines)
- R + Square => Space ' '
- Triangle => Escape (used to skip cutscenes)
- R + Triangle => Return
- Start => ScummVM's global in-game menu
- Select => Toggle virtual keyboard
- R + Select => AGI predictive input dialog
Building from source
This port of ScummVM to the PSP2 is based on SDL2. It uses the open source SDK VITASDK.
The dependencies needed to build it are :
- The toolchain from https://github.com/vitadev/vdpm
- zlib, libpng, libjpeg-turbo, libogg, libvorbis, flac, curl, openssl, freetype, from https://github.com/vitadev/vdpm
- libmad from https://github.com/Cpasjuste/libmad-psp2
- SDL2 from https://github.com/Cpasjuste/SDL-Vita
- ScummVM from https://github.com/Cpasjuste/scummvm
- The fbo branch of libvita2d from https://github.com/frangarcj/vita2dlib/tree/fbo/libvita2d
copied under new names libvita2d_fbo.a in $VITASDK/arm-vita-eabi-gcc/lib and vita2d_fbo.h in $VITASDK/arm-vita-eabi-gcc/include. The renaming is necessary to prevent conflict with the official vita2d lib that comes with the VitaSDK.
- The pre-compiled gtu release of vita-shader-collection from https://github.com/frangarcj/vita-shader-collection/releases, copy all headers to $VITASDK/arm-vita-eabi-gcc/include and the library libvitashaders.a to $VITASDK/arm-vita-eabi-gcc/lib
Once all the dependencies are correctly setup, an installable package can be obtained from source by issuing the following command :
./configure --host=psp2 && make psp2vpk
Unauthorized distribution of an installable package with non freeware games included is a violation of the copyright law and is as such forbidden.
- Xavier from consoleX for donating a ps vita device
- xerpi for initial SDL2 port
- VITASDK and henkaku developers