- 1 Bugs Found in the Original Games
- 2 Missing/corrupt Resources
- 3 Script bugs
- 4 Timer issues
- 4.1 Codename: ICEMAN
- 4.2 Freddy Pharkas
- 4.3 Gabriel Knight 1
- 4.4 Gabriel Knight 1 Demo
- 4.5 Larry 3
- 4.6 Larry 5
- 4.7 Police Quest 1
- 4.8 Police Quest 2
- 4.9 Police Quest 3
- 4.10 Quest For Glory 1 (EGA)
- 4.11 Quest For Glory 1 (VGA)
- 4.12 Quest For Glory 2
- 4.13 Quest For Glory 3
- 4.14 Space Quest 1
- 4.15 Space Quest 4
- 4.16 Space Quest 5
- 4.17 Space Quest 6
Bugs Found in the Original Games
Not Yet Fixed
- Jones CD: The sound track in some versions contained junk at the beginning, which results in the animations and the speech being out of sync. If the garbage is removed from the beginning of the ripped track (with a program like Audacity), speech works fine (the track should begin with "Welcome to QT clothing! We will sell you anything!") - Template:BugTrackSF
- KQ5: After the deaf man scene, warning failed to find audio entry 9302 appears several times, 7072 comes immediately after that scene, 7065 isn't found when Cassima frees you from the prison, 9300 is not found after going through the labyrinth with her, 9301 when throwing the fish to the cat, 7068 when going through the pages of the book
- KQ6: Missing sync resource. Right at the beginning, go to bookshop and get the book that's on the table. 2nd portrait has no sync resource but audio. Windows version uses the appended sort of "raw data" for lip-sync, that's why its working there (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD6EM7v6R8Y#t=2m23s). We may possibly even create virtual sync resources out of that data, so the scripts will get it and even DOS version could work with full lip-sync. Further investigation required. We are now using the "raw" data in ScummVM
- KQ6: Missing audio, when following the swimming guy right at the start, the dialog by the guy right after Alexander jumps is not played, audio entry (260, 7, 3, 13, 2)
- LB2CD: In the police station, when asking the policeman at the front desk about the Leyendecker Museum, audio entry (290, 2, 6, 23, 5) is missing
- PQ2 demo: The version publicly available has several corrupt/broken views inside its resource files (bad copy?) and crashes at the police station scene - Template:BugTrackSF
- SQ4: The Adlib track of song 57 (when the latex babes catch you after falling off the pterodactyl nest) is broken, and it plays much too quickly compared with the MT-32/GM tracks. This results in a long silence when the song is looped - Template:BugTrackSF
Very unlikely to get fixed
- EQ1: Windows have the same issues like in qfg1vga, CD is more obvious because some window placements overlap with ego (like looking at the books right in the first room)
- LSL1: Priority issues in bathroom right at the start
- QFG1VGA: the left and right half-transparent window decoration on all windows doesn't work right, the transparency will show the background picture all the time
- QFG3: priority issue in leopard chiefs hut, walking in front of the chief makes it visible
Not Yet Fixed
- Camelot: Game can sometimes hang at the second boar in forest perilous. This happens because the mule can sometimes follow Ego at the boar screen, when it shouldn't - Template:BugTrackSF
- EQ2: In the screen with the four Victoria Lilies inside the forest, you're supposed to get information on them using the ecorder, and then cut one of them. The Ecorder is only highlighted when it's hovered over one of them, (the one you're supposed to cut later on), but it can record any four of them - Template:BugTrackSF
- LSL5: During first flight Larry dreams about Patti: she is playing the piano. Strangely this isn't animated, but it is if you save/reload your game. Happens only in some versions!
- LSL6: Sometimes the tram doesn't stop after talking to char. To fix this you need to revert to an earlier save, where you have not talked to char yet - now grab matches in the bar, THEN talk to char and immediately go to the tram
- PQ3: day 4 at crime scene - after examining the victim Sonny's head disappears for around 0.5 seconds
- QFG1VGA: After throwing a dagger at the white stag, half of the Hero's animation/costume is not erased and stays stuck on the screen Template:BugTrackSF
- QFG2: Significant memory leak in combat with jackalmen. In SSCI, this apparently manifested as random crashes towards the end of the game and was never located and fixed. This is as reported by original developers, and may not affect our implementation, but needs checking. See []
- SQ4: At the beginning of the game, if the zombie spots Roger while he's picking the rope, the game scripts try to access an invalid object and crash Template:BugTrackSF
- Camelot: At the bazar in Jerusalem, it's possible to take a peek at a girl taking a bath. If the player enters "look window" instead of walking there manually, ego will walk to the window. The script doing that is buggy, which may then result in an Oops! message in Sierra SCI and an error in ScummVM. Template:BugTrackSF
- EQ1 (CD only!): The game crashes when trying to exit room 660 (closeup of the head of King Cetus) from the left or right, while trying to show a dialog that you shouldn't go that way. You need to exit the screen from the bottom to continue normally. This gets patched in ScummVM on-the-fly.
- KQ6: When scrolling through inventory pages, 4 new stack frames are created each time, causing a stack overflow after some time. - Template:BugTrackSF
- KQ6: If you drink the "Drink Me" bottle, while standing in front of the gate on the Isle of Wonder, the gate disappears - Template:BugTrackSF Wasn't exclusive to the gate room. It would happen in every room that uses AddToPic-elements
- LSL5: Almost at the end during last flight, one text box in the Patti conversation gets overdrawn with Patti. Happens only in German version with German text enabled. Also happens in Sierra SCI.
- PQ1: you are supposed to put your gun into the locker at the police station. The script related to this is buggy. When you put the gun into the locker, it disposes the gun in memory immediately, but it then waits 2 seconds until it actually closes the locker. If the player is fast enough and clicks again, the disposed gun is accessed again, which results in a crash in ScummVM. This worked by pure luck in SSCI. Template:BugTrackSF Template:BugTrackSF
- PQ1: saving while driving and restoring results in no map being displayed - bug in scripts Template:BugTrackSF
- QFG1VGA: looking at a centaur will show the description of a saurus rex. Template:BugTrackSF
- QFG1VGA: pulling the chain in Yorick's room near the end of the game and then pressing the button on the right side of the room results in a broken game including a few weird graphical glitches. Template:BugTrackSF
- SQ1VGA: another timepod is supposed to appear, when leaving Ulence Flats. On very fast machines, that timepod appears completely immediately and then starts to "fade in" like it's supposed to be.
- SQ4/Floppy: When trying to throw stuff at the sequel police in Space Quest X (zero g zone), first the correct message box appears and then the game either crashes (Sierra SCI w/o patch), shows another message box with garbed text (Sierra SCI w/ patch) or creates a signature error (ScummVM). It doesn't happen with all objects. It definitely happens, when trying to throw the slime jar. Sierra's patch doesn't fix it properly.
- Submarine control room is too fast using normal speed throttler, special code is in place to further delay that room
Not Yet Fixed
- Title should scale up, in that case the scripts call kAnimate in a loop and nothing else. In our sci it seems like it wouldn't do that, where in fact we just don't display those changes because of that tight loop
- When watching prologue, music fading completes till the actual prologue graphic is shown - this doesn't happen in our sci, because we load resources too fast - if you switch dos-box to max cycles and try again, you will get the same issues
Gabriel Knight 1
- In the beginning of Day 5, Gabriel will freeze after the phone rings.
- You can also get around this by hitting spacebar to skip the rest of the cutscene.
- In Day 6, the police officer returns too fast from getting the beignet so you can't sneak back to Mosely's office. He also wakes up too fast from falling asleep.
Gabriel Knight 1 Demo
- When going from some rooms to others music fading completes till the next room is shown - this doesn't happen in our sci, because we load resources too fast - if you switch DOSBox to max cycles and try again, you will get the same issues
Not Yet Fixed
- Points accumulation won't get shown on too slow machines, our sci gets detected in lsl3 as slower than pc at, so it's also not shown there
- Push ups (room 380) are machine speed dependent. That one is calculated after the ranchy questions (room 290). Machine speed is calculated by counting cycles for 60 ticks (1 second) - working in our sci because of a workaround inside speed throttler for room 290
- Intro is timer dependent (typing of the title while patty walks by) - note that the "mistyping" should be noticeable
- Wrestling is timer dependent (room 740)
Police Quest 1
- When putting away your gun at the Jail (Room 34) while going to offer a deal to Marie Wilkans, if you close the locker when the gun is inside, or if you double click your gun on the locker, ScummVM errors out (at that point, the gun object seems to be disposed and is referenced again by the scripts). You need to be quick to close the locker (it closes almost instantly) or just double click - Template:BugTrackSF
- The game freezes after arresting kid (Victor Simms) for possession of narcotics and escorting him out of Bert's Park.
- The game locks up after the drug deal in the park.
Not yet fixed
- Sometimes under specific conditions, Sonny gets stuck in the briefing room when instructed to sit down - Template:BugTrackSF
Police Quest 2
- *NOT A BUG* - if you die immediately when diving, you didn't take the right tank
Police Quest 3
- Police car is moving too fast even for 5 mph
- No exit/exit signs for police station, mall or freeway
Quest For Glory 1 (EGA)
Not yet fixed
- Sometimes, the game may hang when throwing rocks at the bird's nest - [Bug #3092694]
Quest For Glory 1 (VGA)
- Healer's bird
- Weapons master fights end far too quickly
- Erasmus conversation
- Archers on cliffs
- In Yorick's maze, the rear door that you open may close too soon for you to get through it.
Quest For Glory 2
Not yet fixed
- In the desert, when you get into a fight when riding the saurus it will run away. To get it back you have to leave and reenter the screen. The game will then automatically have you ride it again. However, if you input "Ride" again while you have time to input, the game will hang and you'll have to reload - [Bug #3040055]
Quest For Glory 3
Not yet fixed
- Fighting is way too fast. Our speed throttler is currently unable to handle it, because Sierra used an inner loop.
Space Quest 1
Not Yet Fixed
- You may need to turn game speed up to escape the droid
- In the Arcada, you'll notice the screen is shaking and shaking. And it should (every once in a while). Your ship is under attack, remember?!? But on faster computers, it just won't stop. And that's incredibly annoying.
- You will dehydrate in the desert way too soon. A message will pop up almost immediately when you've landed, telling you you need to drink. You'll die of thirst before you can even think of exploring the planet - speed slider must be set fully up to avoid this, otherwise you may use newrisingsun's script patches which solve this issue - [Bug #3036359]
- After entering the ship with your robot, you will see the timepod shortly fully and then it will start appearing - it's a script issue that seems to occur on faster machines even in dos-box - setting a breakpoint on robotIntoShip::changeState "solves" it. (Timing is controlled by cycleCnt in Beg::init and Beg::nextCel)
- The spider droid will come too soon. Thus giving you little chance to explore the planet.
- You will be unable to get past the falling acid drops in the cave on Kerona because the drops fall very rapidly. A tropical rainstorm is nothing compared to it!
- Some animations in the game are too fast. The droid that passes Roger in the hallway at the start of the game rushes by at the speed of light. Roger looks like he's headbanging or something. But in fact, on slower computers he looks around every now and then. Also, the cartridge retrieval droid moves way too fast. There are perhaps more of these small, but annoying, animation problems.
Space Quest 4
Not Yet Fixed
- Right at the start, when walking upwards to the next room, Roger will immediately and automatically walk down to the previous room. This also happens in sierra sci, when running it in dos-box with max cycles - [Bug #3092223] and [Bug #3140613]
- When the time pod appears in the Arcade on the Galaxy Galleria the animation plays but when it stops it stops on an incorrect cel/loop and is only partially visible. The sequel police gets out of a partially visible time pod - [Bug #3046506]
- When flying through time, the palette animation doesn't work properly for SQ4/Floppy. It seems the display isn't updated / maybe it's also caused by our speed throttler. Is a ScummVM bug. (details: timeToTimeWarpS::changeState, code at code_0963 is an inner loop only checking music and calling kPalette)
- When Roger enters a screen where the "droid-0-death" can/will appear, it will come almost immediately. It will be very hard to get the rope, the unstable ordinance, the PocketPal and to hide yourself from this droid, not to mention successfully entering the sewer grate. The biggest problem is, of course, that the game doesn't give you any time to explore and look around carefully because you're too occupied escaping the droid. The droid should not appear for at least a full minute.
- Boarding the transport shuttle on the streets of Xenon is almost impossible. The Sequel Police are already standing there, waiting to kill you. When playing the game on a slower computer, the Sequel Police will only appear after some seconds, giving you enough time to examine the shuttle and to enter the landing gear compartment.
- The same goes for entering one of the time pods on the Sequel Police dispatch. They will kill you almost immediately after they finished talking. You won't have time to do anything, how frustrating! Normally, you have at least some seconds to move. If you move downwards towards the time pods, the game will give you even more time to solve the puzzle. With a faster machine, you virtually don't have any time at all.
- On Estros, the timepod of the Sequel Policemen will almost come immediately after you've landed. You will never have the time to "trigger" the pterodactyl to pick you up. And, you just don't have time to walk around and explore the planet... You'll think you are stuck (that is, if you have the time to think that at all, you might be dead already), and will run to the nearest walk through paradise. While in fact, it's a timer related problem.
- And of course the Skate-O-Rama scene. The Sequel Policemen won't give you any time to make your move.
- Near the end of the game you're supposed to use the Super Computer to "flush" the droid and the brain icon. When you've flushed the brain icon, the countdown will begin and you're supposed to make your way to Vohaul's room. On today's computers, the countdown will happen so fast that you won't have the chance to leave the room and go back out to the maze.
- Some animations go too fast, scrolling screens don't look like they are scrolling (because of the speed), the pterodactyl that moves even faster and so on.
Space Quest 5
Not Yet Fixed
- When using the banana on WD-40 the very moment she's flying away (you need to be quick) - [Bug #3040346]
- Sometimes the game freezes when changing planets/events while being in the ship - [Bug #3037665], [Bug #3561685]
- As far as I know, the only timer problem in Space Quest 5 is the EVA scene were you need to rescue Cliffy with the pod. The controls are very hard to handle because the ship moves too fast. Normally, this puzzle is already very hard. Not only is it already fast, but you have little fuel. This puzzle requires some mouse skills, so don't whine if it doesn't work right from the start.
- I've spotted some small animation problems, most notably the GradeMaster 2000 sequence. Maybe some scrolling screens effects are eliminated by timer problems, but so far I haven't found any.
Space Quest 6
Not Yet Fixed
- You won't be able to get the Endodroid Runner guy to talk with you. Later on, you'll find Elmo and bump into the same problem. Normally you just have to talk to them twice, but Roger only says "Hey" and they walk away without talking back.
- Probably THE most notorious bug of the entire Space Quest series; the Error 47, aka the Compost Crash™ and Sickbay Sickness™. It happens when you try to use the datacard in the ComPost in Sickbay. The game will crash and output: "Error 47: Not an object: $0 script 64994/$f29".
- If the game scrolls, it scrolls to a black screen, leaving you impossible to interact with the game.