Jump to navigation Jump to search
- check for places that use char or unsigned char for boolean values, and change those to bool. Even nicer would be to change it to use enum types whose value names express the intention (SearchOptions.RECURSIVE, GraphicsScaleOptions.2X, etc), but just going for bool will already be a big improvement.
- Change #define lists into enums
- Rearrange the files under engines/sci: I.e. get rid of include/ subdir (just move its contents to engines/sci, at some point at least). Some source files should also be renamed for clarity.
- Convert stuff from "C pseudo classes" to real classes.
- Replace various generic FreeSCI code by their ScummVM counterparts, where it make sense.
- Not specific to SCI, but: Replace "struct tm" in common/system.h (and places that implement/use it) by a custom struct, which would be a (partial) clone of struct tm, something like Common::OSystem::Time. That way, we wouldn't have to use <time.h> anymore anywhere.
- const correctness in engines/sci/engine/savegame.c (this is a generated file, so change the source or generator, whatever is necessary)
- change the many nice existing function documentation comments to use doxygen syntax
- Turn code into templates in following files (now they generate code via #defines):
- Check old FreeSCI-scummvm branch / repos by Jordi for change that could be salvaged, e.g. the files
sfx/softseq/scumm-adlib.cpp, or the modifications to the SCI debugger to use the ScummVM console, and stuff.
- Replace the SCI sound mixer by Audio::Mixer
- I just made a big commit where I started to overhaul the file handling in SCI. It's incomplete, and may cause regressions, but it is a start. The biggest chunk left to take care of is engine/kfile.cpp, and in there mostly reading/writing from/to other files than regular savegames. This needs to be switched to the savefile API.
- make the SCI tools compilable (to avoid bitrot, while we change code that they depend on), and finally usable again.
- Get rid of the CFSML system for savegames. It is arcane (people don't understand it, changes to the savegame format are difficult, it requires perl to update the source code, etc.). Instead, use for example a system like we use in SCUMM, but in an improved version, see the discussion on scummvm-devel.