|Screenshots Project Service|
|Purpose||Provide a repository of screen shots of supported games.|
|Maintainer(s)||Eugene Sandulenko (Sev)|
We try to have screenshots on our website for all games that we support. The purpose of this page is to describe how new screenshots are to be made to ensure uniform overall quality. In particular, what scaler you should use, how files should be named etc.
List of screenshots we need
- Castle of Dr Brain (EGA and VGA) (see forum post)
- Codename: ICEMAN (see forum post)
- Conquests of Camelot (see forum post)
- Conquests of the Longbow (EGA and VGA) (see forum post)
- EcoQuest: The Search for Cetus (see forum post)
- EcoQuest 2: Lost Secret of the Rainforest (see forum post)
- Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist (see forum post)
- Hoyle's Book of Games 1 (see forum post)
- Hoyle's Book of Games 2 (see forum post)
- Hoyle's Book of Games 3 (EGA and VGA) (see forum post)
- Jones in the Fast Lane (see forum post)
- King's Quest I (SCI remake) (see forum post)
- King's Quest IV (SCI version) (see forum post)
- King's Quest V (EGA and VGA) (see forum post)
- King's Quest VI (low and hi res) (see forum post)
- Laura Bow: The Colonel's Bequest (see forum post)
- Laura Bow 2: The Dagger of Amon Ra (see forum post)
- Leisure Suit Larry 1 (SCI remake) (EGA and VGA) (see forum post)
- Leisure Suit Larry 2 (see forum post)
- Leisure Suit Larry 3 (see forum post)
- Leisure Suit Larry 5 (EGA and VGA) (see forum post)
- Leisure Suit Larry 6 (low res) (see forum post)
- Mixed-Up Fairy Tales (see forum post)
- Mixed-Up Mother Goose (see forum post)
- Pepper's Adventures in Time (see forum post)
- Police Quest 1 (SCI remake) (see forum post)
- Police Quest II (see forum post)
- Police Quest III (EGA and VGA) (see forum post)
- Quest for Glory 1/Hero's Quest (see forum post)
- Quest for Glory 1 VGA remake (see forum post)
- Quest for Glory II (see forum post)
- Quest for Glory III (see forum post)
- Slater & Charlie Go Camping (see forum post)
- Space Quest I (SCI remake) (EGA and VGA) (see forum post)
- Space Quest III (see forum post)
- Space Quest IV (EGA and VGA) (see forum post)
- Space Quest V (see forum post)
- The Island of Dr. Brain (see forum post)
How to make screenshots
Here are additional rules on how to make screenshots which were settled in the last couple of years: (Of course any suggestions are welcome!)
- Check if this particular screenshot hasn't already been committed.
- If there is no visual difference between an already submitted screenshot and your game version, don't submit it.
- If you are submitting screenshots for non-English game, use only those which have visual difference (changed graphics) or have something written in that language.
- ScummVM settings
- Pick an interesting scene to take the screenshot of.
- 320x200 games should be run with HQ2x (Ctrl+Alt+3) mode with aspect correction (Ctrl+Alt+a) mode on. I.e. it should be 640x480 image.
- 640x480 games should be run with 1x scaler.
- On platforms which use the SDL backend (Win32 and *nix included) Alt+S creates a screenshot file called scummvmXXXXX.bmp inside the current directory.
- Make sure your screenshot is 640x480 and was made with HQ2x scaler (if originally 320x200). Otherwise it won't be accepted.
- Screenshot file details.
- File name is gametarget[-platform][-lang]-X-full.png where:
- gametarget is the game target name, see our compatibility page for the full list
- platform is an optional parameter for cases when you submit non-PC game version screenshots
- lang is an optional parameter when screenshot for non-English version
- X is a sequental number.
- Create a .txt file containing the file names followed by full game name and optionally provide the platform name and language in parenthesis. For example "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (Amiga German)"
- There is no need to provide titles for every file if they're all the same. Use discretion.
- If possible, use the mkthumb.sh script to produce thumbnail versions of your screenshots. If you don't have it or can't use it, then save in interlaced JPEG scaled down to 256 pixel width with quality 0.33 (or higher, watch for the compression artifacts). Optionally you can commit/submit only PNG and TXT and we will create the thumbnails for you.
How to submit screenshots
- If you have write access to the web module in the SVN repository, you can commit it directly. NOTE: Don't forget to add the binary format key (-kb).
- Alternatively, you can submit it via our patch tracker.
- If you didn't perform some actions with the screenshot file, for example if you didn't compress it or were unable to produce thumbnails, please mark your submission accordingly.