== Release Testing for ScummVM==
* [[Release Testing/1.4.0|1.4.0]]
* [[Release Testing/1.3.0|1.3.0]]
* [[Release Testing/1.2.0|1.2.0]]
* [[Release Testing/1.1.0|1.1.0]]
* [[Release Testing/1.0.0|1.0.0]]
== Testing Guidelines ==
* Use the latest build which you may find at the bottom of our [http://scummvm.org/downloads/ download page].
* Use the launcher to add your game and see if it was detected normally, even if you already have this game already added. Start newly added target.
* Preferably test detection of every game/demo you have, even when you're not going to play them.
* Preferably use of save/load facility.
* '''Do not''' skip cutscenes.
* If you encounter any problems, please, submit a bug report at our [
http:// sourceforge. net/tracker/ ?atid=418820&group_id=37116&func=browse bug tracker].
* If a game has several branches, test as many variants as you can.
* At least 1 user should test each game, preferably but not obligatory on different platforms.
** However, more than one user should test games that satisfy one or more of the following conditions:
*** It is a multiple path game (such as ''Fate of Atlantis'' or ''Maniac Mansion'').*** It is a new game for this release.
*** We designate such games with a ''''' #''''' ( hash symbol).
== What to provide when you encounter a bug ==
Please provide information on our bug tracker. Please, do not post bugs to our forums as that makes discussions and bug fixing progress tracking practically impossible.
* Make sure that you have a working mail set up at your
sf.net account. In this case you will receive our reply to your bug report.
* Snapshot date (but please, always test with the latest one).
* Bug details, including instructions on reproducing it.
It may happen that at some point of our testing we break savegame compatibility, or do something which affects a specific engine deeply. In that case, you could be asked to restart the game you're currently playing from the beginning. You will be explicitly told to do so, so don't worry if we say nothing in this aspect.
Please, report about your completion
either on email@example.com, on our forums or talk to some developer ( an op) at #scummvm on irc.freenode.net. If you encountered some problem, provide the bug report number as well.
Thanks for your help.