* [https://github.com/signup/free Create an account on Github.]
* [http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#userregistration Register your nick on FreeNode.net] (it's a good idea for your IRC, and Github nicks to be similar/identical).
* Ideally stay connected to
IRC and in [ irc:// irc.freenode. net/ scummvm #ScummVM], it is often the quickest way to resolve issues with your mentor or get feedback from the larger team. If you can't stay connected to IRC please review the [http://logs.scummvm.org logs] frequently.
* [http://lists.scummvm.org/listinfo/scummvm-devel Subscribe to the scummvm-devel mailing list] and briefly introduce yourself to the team. Tell them who you are, what you are going to work on, where your blog is, what your IRC nick is.
* Read and follow our [[Code Formatting Conventions]].