Here are some guidelines for students participating in this year's GSoC with ScummVM as their mentoring
* [http://sourceforge.net/account/registration/ Create an account on SF.net.]
* [http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#userregistration Register your nick on FreeNode.net] (it's a good idea for your IRC and SF.net nicks to be similar/identical)
* Ideally stay connected to IRC and in [irc://irc.freenode.net/scummvm #ScummVM], it is often the quickest way to resolve issues with your mentor or get feedback from the larger team. If you can't stay connected to IRC please review the [http://logs.scummvm.org logs] frequently.
* [https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/scummvm-devel Subscribe to the scummvm-devel mailing list.]
* Commit your code as soon as possible, preferably on a daily basis or more often. Our preferred approach to code commits is 'commit early, commit often'. Remember that your code is one of the key project deliverables so the more code we can see the easier it is to judge progress and help ensure that everything goes smoothly.
* Reflect your progress in a
blog. If you don't have one already, try [http://www.blogger.com/ Blogger], [http://wordpress.com Wordpress] (see also http://wordpress.org), [http://www.movabletype.com/ Moveable Type], ...* Create your user page on our Wiki and give a brief overview on what you are working on. However, your blog is the main place to write about your progress.