Summer of Code
WIP: This page will serve as the central base to organize our summer of code application.
- Contain info about the whole SoC, including links to http://code.google.com/soc/ etc.
- Maybe a draft of our application? Fingolf will try to find out how other interested projects handle this
- Link to a to-be-created "Projects" or "OpenTasks" page (which we will keep and maintain regardless of whether we get accepted for the SoC or not).
If we get accepted, we should also
- Maybe point to this drupal HOWTO http://drupal.org/node/59037 -- or write up something similar. See also e.g. http://www.mono-project.com/StudentProjects
- Nice proposal guideline: http://www.freebsd.org/projects/summerofcode.html
- Also useful reference: http://dojo.jot.com/WikiHome/SoCOrganization
- Add some pointers for interested students
- Add a list of accepted projects and their mentors
Some quotes we may want to add at some point (in modified form, maybe):
From X.org "When writing a proposal, please remember to make it detailed. Include at least the information called for by Student FAQ #24, but including milestones and a project schedule is even better."