Summer of Code/Project Rules
< Summer of CodeJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 21:58, 9 March 2009 by JoostP (mention that patches could also extend existing functionality)
Here you will find several important rules which you have to conform in order to be eligible to application as a student for ScummVM project.
- Google Summer of Code is a full time job. If you consider getting an additional part time job or have exams, do not apply.
- We demand a comprehensive and detailed plan for all 12 weeks of your project. Include risk mitigation.
- We require each student to communicate with their mentor every second day. If you fail to do that for longer than 3 days, you will fail the program.
- Students are expected to submit a patch which fixes some known bug, extends functionality in some way, or is a start of their work which they are applying for.
- Students have to blog about their progress on a weekly basis or more often.
- Stick to our Code Formatting Conventions.
- The code has to be always at least compilable.
- Commit often, commit early.