The Cat in the Hat
|The Cat in the Hat|
|No Screenshot Available|
|Also known as|
|Support||Not yet. A WIP engine is|
available in our Git
The Cat in the Hat was an interactive storybook for children in the Living Books series, created with the Mohawk Living Books player. The book is an interactive story based on the Dr. Seuss children's book of the same name. A cat in a hat transforms a dull, rainy afternoon into a magical adventure. As the story is read, the objects in the background are clickable.
Required data files
For more information on how ScummVM uses game data files, see the user documentation.
- The book outline file, which can have various different names:
- Windows v1: The .512 file, such as TORTOISE.512 or PAGES.512.
- Windows v2: The .LB file, such as GREEN.LB or GREEN32.LB (either is fine).
- Mac v1/v2: A text file named after the game, such as "The Tortoise and the Hare".
- Otherwise: OUTLINE, OUTLINE.TXT or BookOutline.
- The exe file or Mac application which goes with the outline.
- All the files listed in the book outline (which is a text file) - normally this is the whole DATA directory.
- SYSTEM.MHK (later v2/v3 games only).
Note: Some Macintosh versions of games use file or folder names containing forward slashes. If your system does not allow this, ScummVM will still recognize the files if you change them to underscores. E.g. instead of EnR/O, use EnR_O.