|Also known as||The Manhole: New and Enhanced|
|Developed by||Cyan Worlds|
|Published by||Activision, Brøderbund,|
|Platforms||DOS, FM-Towns, Macintosh,|
|Resolution||320x200, 256 colors|
|Support||Since ScummVM 1.0.0rc1|
(MADE versions only)
|No. The unsupported Masterpiece|
edition is available at GOG.com
The Manhole is a children's game created by Cyan (now Cyan Worlds). The player opens up a manhole, which reveals a giant beanstalk that can be traversed to visit strange worlds.
There were several versions of the game released, each one developed with a different game engine:
- The original Macintosh version (released in 1988), with HyperCard as its engine.
- The original DOS EGA version (released in 1989), with an earlier version of the MADE engine.
- The PC-Engine version (released in 1991), with a custom engine.
- The "New and Enhanced" version (released in 1992), with a newer version of the MADE engine.
- The CD-ROM "Masterpiece Edition" (released in 1994), which used a HyperCard-like engine. This version includes QuickTime videos as well.