Bugs Found In The Original Games
The following is a list of known bugs that occured in the original versions of Discworld 1 and 2 i.e. when using the original interpreter executable. Most of these are caused by bugs in the game script datafiles, so fixing them is non-trivial, but we try to implement fixes or workarounds where possible.
Not Yet Fixed
- In act 3, if you cut the belt of the custard king (ex dunny king) machine in the square, the dunnyman can walk behind the left cylinder of the machine.
- The Dibbler in the square seems to be made of 2 different "layers": himself and his hands holding his tray with goods. Sometimes, Rincewind can walk between these two layers (i.e. for a moment we see Rincewind in front of the Dibbler, and the Dibbler's hands with the tray are shown in front of Rincewind).
- In the woods, if you raise the bucket from the well and click on the crank again, we see the same animation where Rincewind pulls the bucket up (when it's already up), and we end up with a picture of the bucket and the rope going through it, as if there are two buckets, one lifted up, and one down the well.
- After finishing the game, after the ending animation and the credits screen, we are taken back to the title screen (where it says "Press any key to start"). If the game is started again, its state hasn't been reset so all the actors are in the state they were in act 3/4 - i.e. the luggage is awake, the dean is missing, the sleazy guy in in prison and so on.
- Alchemist animation glitch (Act II). [Bug #4368]
- Luggage animation glitch [Bug #4365]
- Rincewind can walk behind a wall in dining room. [Bug #4063]
- Intro animations repeating [Bug #4411]
- Error in arch chancellor examine speech [Bug #4628]
- Crash When Loading Savegame [Bug #5958]
- Amazon dialog still skipping in GRA Versions (Act II) [Bug #6013]
- Can't take custard book [Bug #6271]
- MIDI: MidiParser::hangingNote(): Exceeded polyphony! [Bug #4354]
- After opening/closing the Luggage's inventory, the frame around Rincewind's inventory is sometimes drawn wrong. I've only seen this happen after learning how to pick pockets. You can try this savegame, for English v2.
- While talking to the amazon at the square in act 3, using the "cloud" dialog option makes Rincewind ask the amazon for help. During the conversation, Rincewind mentions "you have a point there, possibly two". At that point, Rincewind oggles over the amazon's breasts, and she turns around and slaps him, making him spin around. That animation is buggy. The amazon never turns around, Rincewind spins on his own, then Rincewind is shown lying down immediately, and then he flashes back to his standing position again.
Not Yet Fixed
- Subtitle speed seems to cause glitches in the game, e.g. at the very beginning, when Rincewind gets out of his bed.
- The scene where Rincewind finds the dragon's loot at the end of act 1 is severely bugged. Rincewind and the dragon's treasure constantly dissappear and reappear, and Rincewind's animations constantly restart (e.g. the animation where he enters the scene, the animation where he stuffs the treasure into the trunk and so on). I do not remember this bug from earlier revisions, perhaps it is a regression from the latest ProcessSleep removals?
- Update: The buggy animation is directly related to the subtitles speed. If the subtitles speed slider is moved all the way to the left (fast subtitles/no delay), the scene is shown correctly.
- When you ask the Lecturer of Recent Runes (in the Dining Room) about the librarian, the subtitles say "No, no, no." while the voice-over says "Did you get the number of that donkey cart?" It is probably the sample that is wrong, not the script, since the sample IDs are played in order. (Only in English V2?)
- When examining the trapdoor in the broken drum, its description ("Hmmmm... that characteristic scent of turpentine, crushed cockroaches and recycled beer!") does not fit on screen.