|WORK IN PROGRESS, HELP NEEDED|
|If you want to contribute, send us a sample of text you'd write for the new manual, and we will consider adding you an account. You can work on the manual in the Wiki, but if you prefer, supplying us with HTML or TeX sources is fine, too (we will then translate them for the Wiki).
You can have a look at our TODO page for a list of tasks that need to be done.
A description of what ScummVM is.
A short guide on how to use ScummVM.
A description of the ScummVM interface, in case you ever wondered what a specific button does.
A detailed description on how to use ScummVM.
- Installing ScummVM
- Configuring ScummVM, describes the settings and command-line parameters that you can use so that it runs games exactly the way you want it to
- Installing a game for use with ScummVM, covers multi-CD games, additional files like kyra.dat, and extracting/converting audio tracks
- Adding a game to ScummVM
- Configuring a game in ScummVM, describes how to adjust per-game settings
- Playing a game with ScummVM
- Removing a game from ScummVM
- Uninstalling ScummVM
- ReadMe file for version 1.3.0
- Contacts, lists places where you can get help
- Reporting bugs, to help us improve ScummVM
Contains comprehensive technical information on various topics.
- Control Mapping for supported devices
- Graphic filters
- Render modes
- Music and sound
- Command line options a list and descriptions of all the command line options you can use with ScummVM
- Config file description, describes the ScummVM configuration file
- Tools, a list of the tools available for use with ScummVM (e.g. for compressing audio), along with a description of their usage
You will find help on using ScummVM in other places on the web. Here are a few links to solve frequent issues or that my help you improve your experience with ScummVM.
- How to catch ScummVM errors [forum]
- How to play multi-disc games with ScummVM [forum]
- Enhanced ScummVM MIDI music on Windows [forum]
- Using Timidity with ScummVM on Windows XP [forum]
- How to extract/copy Mac Games to use with ScummVM [wiki]
- How to extract the Loom PC-Engine/TG16 data track to use with ScummVM [wiki]
- Supported games:
- List of games data files needed by ScummVM to play each supported Game [wiki]
- Compatibility table for the latest ScummVM release [website].
- Compatibility table for the development version of ScummVM [website].
- List of games that are supported by ScummVM or for which there is a work in progress [wiki]
- List of unsupported games for which a ScummVM engine exists (either incomplete or outside of ScummVM scope) [external]