User Manual/Adding a game to ScummVM
Adding one game to the ScummVM Launcher
Before you can play a game using ScummVM, you first need to add it to the Launcher.
- Your game will run more smoothly if you copy all the files from the original disk(s) (whether floppy or CD) into a folder on your hard-drive. You can see which files you need for each game on the Datafiles page.
- button on the right-hand side of the Launcher.
- button to go back up one level. Once you are in the correct folder, click the button.
- configuration section, but you don't need to change any of them. To finish adding your game, just click the button.
Adding multiple games at once
- button. will switch to being a button. If you click on it, the ScummVM Launcher will ask you to confirm that you really do want to do this.
- when you are in the top-level directory which all your game directories are inside.
Unknown game variants
If the version of the game you have is not one already known to us, a dialog will be shown with the detection information that you need to provide to the team. In the dialog you will have the option to:
- Report the version to us. This will automatically create a ticket on our bug tracker with the detection information. Please add the game name, version and language to the ticket description before submitting it.
- Copy the detection information to the clipboard. You can then paste it manually when reporting the unknown game variant to us.
Depending on the game, the dialog may then let you add the unknown game variant to ScummVM or not. If the option to add the game to ScummVM is present, reporting this version to us is still useful so that we can add proper support for it.
|Prev: Installing a game for use with ScummVM||Back to Table of Content||Next: Configuring a game in ScummVM|