CVS vs SVN
On this page, we are trying to collect argument pro and contra both staying with CVS, and switching to CVS. Behind each "argument" is a list of people who agree that this particular argument is valid. We currently have no other realistic choices (since SF.net offers us exactly those two), so I am not comparing more systems here.
- Support for versioned renames/moves (impossible with CVS): Fingolfin
- Atomic commits: Fingolfin
- Lots of people know how to use it: Fingolfin
- Lots of documentation available: Fingolfin
- No support for versioned renames/moves (CVS repos hackery is not even remotely a replacement): Fingolfin